How is Portland in summer? Does it usually get hot, or usually nice?

It gets up to the 90s-ish. But not the sticky humid summers like I'm used to. So its not bad to me at all. Summers in Portland are what I live for. They are perfect. It also gets chilly almost every night once the sun goes down. I do love it. Also there will be lots of bike riding this summer. I'v been biking a lot lately but the rain puts a little bit of a damper on it.

It gets up to the 90s-ish. But not the sticky humid summers like I'm used to. So its not bad to me at all. Summers in Portland are what I live for. They are perfect. It also gets chilly almost every night once the sun goes down. I do love it. Also there will be lots of bike riding this summer. I'v been biking a lot lately but the rain puts a little bit of a damper on it.

That does sound pretty awesome. I'll try to make my trip out then too, depending on everything else of course, but I need to visit soon. There and Austin are top of the list, to see which I like more to move.

Just found out two of my friends I haven't seen in a year will also be in Portland the same week I'll be out there. Fuck yes.

That sounds like perfect skate weather. I miss warm summers something fierce.

That does sound pretty awesome. I'll try to make my trip out then too, depending on everything else of course, but I need to visit soon. There and Austin are top of the list, to see which I like more to move.

I love Austin and Texas in general but damn I hate the heat... and Oregon looks so much prettier. There are

some nice state parks around Central Texas but Oregon looks like one big national park. ( from pictures at

least, I've never visited.) Girlfriend and I have been talking about once she gets out of school to either move to Oregon or like Boston- Salem, Mass area.

When I move anywhere, I'm going to get a lot of weird looks for call the strip of grass between the sidewalk and road a "devil strip". NE Ohio is the only place it is called that. It is really interesting how certain areas have different names for things like that.

When I move anywhere, I'm going to get a lot of weird looks for call the strip of grass between the sidewalk and road a "devil strip". NE Ohio is the only place it is called that. It is really interesting how certain areas have different names for things like that.

For sure never heard that term before.

For sure never heard that term before.

Anything else sounds weird to me, what do you call it?

I find it really fascinating that one thing is called so many different things. Not just that, but any local language type situation.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/devil_strip(Actually even more local to the Akron area, guess I never really asked anyone else what they call it).

So we planned a NOLA vacation months ago and just this morning realized we'll be there for St Patrick's Day. Normally I hate the holiday, but shit is gonna get wild.

We already found a parade (with floats and shit) that's really just a pub crawl that we think we're gonna hit up.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic