I heard they were pretty similar to the last set of reissues (which I'd heard are actually really nice). Haven't heard any of the bonus stuff yet though! I'm considering grabbing Vol. 4 from this set, since I still somehow don't have a copy yet.

I have had really spotty luck with RPs of old stuff. My Physical Graffiti that I found for like $8 (RE) sounded kinda flat compared to the original. My 80s metal reissues sound fine for the most part though. I don't have many REs of classic rock type stuff since it can be had old for cheap so I can't quite do a direct comparison.

I will maybe grab a couple too.

If I had the cash I'd probably grab the first 5 or so, but I always have trouble buying doubles of stuff I already own, and for whatever reason I've been getting all US first presses. The quality to cost ratio on those seems most reasonable to me. (plus I found a couple of them for super cheap back in the day.)

I may download some of the bonus stuff to see exactly what I'm missing before I decide though.

the rhino reissues are pretty nice, if you can score Vertigo pressings though it's the way to go, my advice is always go for netherlands/germany vertigos cause it's the same metalwork as the uk but much easier on the wallet. The WB sound great, but I think you will notice a difference with the vertigos since the source is from a higher generation tape

would the network card come up as bad during a hardware test? the girl did that yesterday at the apple store and everything came back fine.

i did try it before going to apple, but it didnt work and i forgot about it. so i'm glad i saw it again when i was researching last night. i found some other troubleshooting tools and saved them to try incase it stops working again.

thanks again for your help t3 :)

Actually texting him now.

He said they did a hardware test on his too and it was fine.

It's called an AirPort card for reference.

He also works at  and says its one of the hardest issues to fix from his experience.

His direct answer to me was this:

"I called Apple Care and talked to like 30 different advisors and they basically made the store swap the AirPort card and I never had the issue again. What is it specifically doing?"

the rhino reissues are pretty nice, if you can score Vertigo pressings though it's the way to go, my advice is always go for netherlands/germany vertigos cause it's the same metalwork as the uk but much easier on the wallet. The WB sound great, but I think you will notice a difference with the vertigos since the source is from a higher generation tape

I will compare my copy of Paranoid you sent me to the US press my dad has later for curiosity's sake.

ITS LIT FAMMMMMMMMMMM

yo btw anyone know how the second pressings of blackstar sound? what about Bon Iver presses?? I heard they were noisy as fuck but just wondering!!!!!

My second pressing of Blackstar sounds fine. No noise, or "whoosing" sounds.

Morning everyone - what's good today?

Woke up to the news that the album artwork I've been working on for a couple weeks is dead in the water, and that they found someone else who's design "gels" more with their album :/

Damn, that blows. Really shitty for them to just cancel on you after all the work you put in :c

Hey guys & gals. Just wanted to pop in & give a big thank you to all the amazing fucking people I've met on here over the last year & a half. You know who you are. & you've truly made an impact on my life. VC has been quite an experience. I wish you all the best in everything that life throws at you.

Take care of yourselves, & each other.

I was hunting down particular people and found this from Eli, genuinely hit me right in the feels. Miss that guy!

Has anyone heard from him recently and know if he's ok?

Damn, that blows. Really shitty for them to just cancel on you after all the work you put in :c

Well that sucks.

I hope their album fails.

It's okay, just kind of a bummer haha. Probably a big reason I'm not a huge fan of doing commissions when there isn't even a direction given to go in.

Silver lining is that I'm going to finish it up anyway so I can add something more to the portfolio. Gotta find that positivity somewhere 

It's okay, just kind of a bummer haha. Probably a big reason I'm not a huge fan of doing commissions when there isn't even a direction given to go in.

Silver lining is that I'm going to finish it up anyway so I can add something more to the portfolio. Gotta find that positivity somewhere 

Bad things happen so better things can happen.

I'm sure that's an awful tumblr quote but it's kind of applicable. Something good will come out of it I'm sure!

I was hunting down particular people and found this from Eli, genuinely hit me right in the feels. Miss that guy!

Has anyone heard from him recently and know if he's ok?

I have his cell number and while I keep wanting to text him and make sure he is doing alright he left so quickly and in kinda an odd manner I always decide against it to give him some space.

I have his cell number and while I keep wanting to text him and make sure he is doing alright he left so quickly and in kinda an odd manner I always decide against it to give him some space.

If you do get around texting him at all, tell him British Chris sends his love!

Honestly one of the nicest people I've got to know on here.

What do you want to do with it when you are done? Plan on trying to make a career out of it or just a side project? Or is that what you do for a living? I don't think you've said. Not that it really matters, I just always see cool artsy shit and want to learn how to do it but I am just not creative/artsy.

It's actually better and more money and closer, but I interviewed at another place that is checking my references now and I'm expecting them to offer me a job and that one i'd take. I know what with the job market being the way it is, it's stupid to complain about this stuff. But I've applied to 3 jobs recently, interviewed at all three and pretty sure that 2/3 or 3/3 are gonna offer me a job, and I just have no clue how to handle that.  

its not stupid to complain! being in a position that you enjoy is so important regardless of the job market.

Actually texting him now.

He said they did a hardware test on his too and it was fine.

It's called an AirPort card for reference.

He also works at  and says its one of the hardest issues to fix from his experience.

His direct answer to me was this:

"I called Apple Care and talked to like 30 different advisors and they basically made the store swap the AirPort card and I never had the issue again. What is it specifically doing?"

oh darn, i wonder how i can figure out of thats my problem.

its not connecting to the internet. it connects to wifi, but it was giving me a hard time loading pages etc. sometimes wouldnt load them at all. in the network diagnostics (in the "assist me" window of the network preferences) all the lights were green (wifi, etc), except the last two (internet and ip/server, <- i can't remember which as my laptop is at home). those two would switch from yellow to red/failed back and forth. all other devices in the house work, including my imac. its just my macbook pro giving me this issue.

If you do get around texting him at all, tell him British Chris sends his love!

Honestly one of the nicest people I've got to know on here.

I didn't get to know him that well but from what I did get to know about him he seemed like a really cool guy. Also hooked me up with some records I had been looking for on the cheap, so that always earns you some bonus points : p. Maybe I'll shoot him a text this afternoon after class

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic