I might subscribe and just listen to the ones I've seen. I think all three of them are funny and tearing apart shit movies is something I like anyway.

The best is when they start getting confused about what happened in the movie and you're like..."what movie did they watch?! This doesn't sound right."

Hello,

sorry to hear about your misfortune but, good luck with whatever you pursue. like soundofsilver said, Seattle? or even Austin maybe...

thanks! i still have a job for the next couple months at least. so got some time to look at options and figure things out. i've thought about austin/seattle/portland/sanfran....and i'll see if any jobs pop out there, but i don't think i'd move to any of those without a steady a gig lined up. too expensive to take that gamble moving out there unemployed and trying to wing it.

The only podcast that matters is How Did This Get Made. I also sometimes listen to This American Life.

I like Comedy Bang Bang a lot.  There are some other Earwolf ones I listen to as well, but that's the one I look forward to every week.  WTF has it's moments depending upon the guest.

I'm sure you both have probably checked out your fair share of podcasts, but Song Exploder is really well done, and I've recently been turned on to Lore. You should give them a shot if you're looking for something new :)

thanks! i still have a job for the next couple months at least. so got some time to look at options and figure things out. i've thought about austin/seattle/portland/sanfran....and i'll see if any jobs pop out there, but i don't think i'd move to any of those without a steady a gig lined up. too expensive to take that gamble moving out there unemployed and trying to wing it.

I was just looking at one bedroom apartments in the Bay Area and oh my god $$$ but you wouldn't have to worry about having a car so that's a plus.

I'm sure you both have probably checked out your fair share of podcasts, but Song Exploder is really well done, and I've recently been turned on to Lore. You should give them a shot if you're looking for something new :)

I'll have to keep those in mind.  I'm right at the point where I have almost enough to cover my commutes and dog walking.

i've been trying to get into the graphic design world just as a side thing. I only took a few classes in college so I'm not that advanced yet. It really is fun but it bums me out that it's so competitive.  Like Charlie is amazing, absolutely amazing and I am not even close to his level.  I've just been doing a lot of online tutorials to learn more about it. I'm sure you're more advanced than me though. I just need to build a decent portfolio that I'm proud of.

I think where you're at - finding it more fun than anything - is a great place to be. The competitiveness of it can be overwhelming, but if you're more focused on creating something you love, it's easier to ignore. Charlie is incredibly talented, and I am no way near his level haha. I think of the designs I've completed, the only one I really like is a poster that has a design that changes based on the color of the light shining on it (which is admittedly a very gimmicky trick).

I'm far more comfortable with hand-drawn art than with digital designs, although the latter can be very forgiving.

That's good, plenty of time to scope things out.. That's a good idea to have something lined out before moving, I didn't and kind of struggled for a while. Best of luck though.

i've been trying to get into the graphic design world just as a side thing. I only took a few classes in college so I'm not that advanced yet. It really is fun but it bums me out that it's so competitive. Like Charlie is amazing, absolutely amazing and I am not even close to his level. I've just been doing a lot of online tutorials to learn more about it. I'm sure you're more advanced than me though. I just need to build a decent portfolio that I'm proud of.

I'm sure Charlie could use a few unpaid interns. You have to share the Glock though.

Call customer service. They might honor the difference. Most places when you buy something and it goes on sale soon after they will credit the difference.

Call customer service. They might honor the difference. Most places when you buy something and it goes on sale soon after they will credit the difference.

Worth a shot for sure. $10 more towards something else on amazon, since I bought it with gift credit.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic