8 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Last year we went to bed before midnight... Might try to have my buddy over this year

I was on call last year, so I had a few pints at home and watched movies.  It was pretty nice overall.  I have no real plans this year, so I'll probably do the same as last year (with more pints).  I have a couple friends who seemed interested in joining me.

I will say it was super nice waking up on the 1st without a hangover!   I could get used to that :)

1 hour ago, Boyoma said:

hello everyone.  anyone have any good plans for NYE ? I think my sis and I are going to bake a lot and relax with the family.

Scheduled to work until 10:30, but assuming everyone who is drunk will order pizza (or come to our bar). Might attempt a sparkler pizza!

A front end manager was just like "Hey, I see you've got New Years Eve off. You should switch with someone so you can work that day instead"

Told my immediate superior (the only manager I'll actually listen to) and he said "...did you tell him to go fuck himself? Because he should go fuck himself. Enjoy your day off, dude."

9 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Morning all...

that sucks man, I hope you find something better sooner than later

One day....

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

A front end manager was just like "Hey, I see you've got New Years Eve off. You should switch with someone so you can work that day instead"

Told my immediate superior (the only manager I'll actually listen to) and he said "...did you tell him to go fuck himself? Because he should go fuck himself. Enjoy your day off, dude."

Haha, that is awesome. I hate how out of touch some people are to say things like this. Usually a baby boomer line.

Is anyone on loudie? I am not entire sure how this works, but I think if I get 2 more followers, I can grab a free ticket to a show I would like to go to?

my username is lastwordspoken

...or if it doesn't work this way and you don't get free tickets to shows, let me know so I can kick this app off my phone. (thanks!)

23 hours ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Good day all. Just put a big pot of homemade chili on to cook for the next 5 hours or so. Perfect gloomy weather for hearty comfort food!

I'm looking into a new phone as well, because mine is newer but is so slow still. Time to move up to a bigger processor and a better camera. Thanks for posting the link to that Documentary also. I knew HR was off, but man, he seems to be on a whole different level of existence from the rest of humanity.. It was a trip watching the other band members get pissed with him and go to butting heads. Still not sure if he is touched or is playing a role...

You are welcome, it was an enjoyable film. I personally think HR is crazy and I kind of feel bad that the other 3 rely on him being on point and not crazy to make Bad Brains happen. I do think their whole big boys/mdc incident take was BS but I do respect that he said "we grew and learned  to love all people".  Also I hear HR got diagnosed with some neurological disorder last year and his wife set up a gofundme

2 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

You are welcome, it was an enjoyable film. I personally think HR is crazy and I kind of feel bad that the other 3 rely on him being on point and not crazy to make Bad Brains happen. I do think their whole big boys/mdc incident take was BS but I do respect that he said "we grew and learned  to love all people".  Also I hear HR got diagnosed with some neurological disorder last year and his wife set up a gofundme

It's crazy to watch how frustrated and angry the other guys get with him over his "personality" if you will. But, you as well as I know, if he were different they wouldn't be who they are and for the reason they are. 

Hmmm, we have a little room at work with pop and chips where we scan stuff and pay ourselves. I think I forgot to scan one of my items, but I'm not 100%.... oh well. Damn building workers were asking me how to use it so I think I forgot one.

Edit: Went down, scanned the same items and paid again. I def. missed something, just not sure which.

Edited by Thomas³

5 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

It's really hard not to be bitter about working this week, when 95% of the building is empty because they get off until the 3rd.

I'm not bitter about working, I mainly just don't want to work :)  I couldn't justify taking any additional time off though.  A lot of my company is off until the new year, so it should be a pretty mellow week at least.

Just now, jonrawks said:

I'm not bitter about working, I mainly just don't want to work :)  I couldn't justify taking any additional time off though.  A lot of my company is off until the new year, so it should be a pretty mellow week at least.

Bitter was the wrong word, kinda. Annoyed is more like it. I really don't want to work either, since we are not any slower since the retail stores are still open. It's just annoying that the company does not give 2 shits about contractors, even though they keep their business running smoothly.

I'd be fine with sitting on my ass doing nothing until the 3rd :P

Morning everyone. I'm on day 2 of running on only 3 hours of sleep. My own fault last night, since my friend was in town and we went out to a bar late since it was the only night he is home he didn't have something to do. Hopefully I can resume a normal sleep schedule tonight, since I'm in zombie mode now.

Edited by Thomas³

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic