Picked up some essential Christmas movies today to wrap up for the wifey to open tonight, got appetizer dinner for tonight and ham, Mac and cheese, and brussel sprouts for tomorrow.

this has been a weird week for me because I have Thursday-Monday off.

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Picked up some essential Christmas movies today to wrap up for the wifey to open tonight, got appetizer dinner for tonight and ham, Mac and cheese, and brussel sprouts for tomorrow.

I'm enjoying a few pints and doing my annual watch of Christmas Vacation.  Think that's the only Christmas movie I manage to watch every year, the rest are in a random rotation every few years.

2 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I'm enjoying a few pints and doing my annual watch of Christmas Vacation.  Think that's the only Christmas movie I manage to watch every year, the rest are in a random rotation every few years.

Christmas Vacation, and Home Alone 1 and 2 on blu-ray were the purchases. Under $10 each was a hell of a deal. It's weird that we only owned them on vhs until now.

Ended up working until 3pm, so a nice 12 hour shift. There's a chance I'll get written up for going into overtime. Luckily my immediate manager was like "If they put that shit in front of me to sign I'll tell them to go fuck themselves." I've seen tell the front end higher ups to go fuck themselves, so I know he's serious.

Passed out almost immediately after getting home. Watching Die Hard now.

Just popping in to say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you wonderful people. You all have been some of the nicest, most helpful and delightful people I've had the chance to talk to and get to know over this past year, and hope this next year is even better. Love you guys and gals!

17 minutes ago, chkadea said:

Just popping in to say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you wonderful people. You all have been some of the nicest, most helpful and delightful people I've had the chance to talk to and get to know over this past year, and hope this next year is even better. Love you guys and gals!

:wub:

I'm not ACTUALLY complaining, but it's always a bummer on some level to not get any fun shit on Christmas. 

Like, my life is definitely improved by new pots/pans, socks, workout clothes, and coffee maker. But I'm not gonna put on a dozen socks and cook some shit tonight. Of course, it's all the shit I asked for, so like I said I'm not really complaining. It's just a thought.

In a few years my girlfriend and I are gonna upgrade our sound system for Christmas though, so that'll be fun.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm not ACTUALLY complaining, but it's always a bummer on some level to not get any fun shit on Christmas. 

Like, my life is definitely improved by new pots/pans, socks, workout clothes, and coffee maker. But I'm not gonna put on a dozen socks and cook some shit tonight. Of course, it's all the shit I asked for, so like I said I'm not really complaining. It's just a thought.

In a few years my girlfriend and I are gonna upgrade our sound system for Christmas though, so that'll be fun.

Yea, but those cute ass cats in boxes pictures..... <3 <3 <3

2 hours ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Yea, but those cute ass cats in boxes pictures..... <3 <3 <3

He was in that one box for a solid 20 minutes. We kept closing it and he'd pop his little head out, but couldn't figure out how to get the flaps to stay open..

My Xmas present to the cats was not breaking down the boxes and bringing them out to the recycling all night. Those spoiled little bastards are having fun, but we get so many Amazon packages that I feel they're taking it for granted.

I got my fun thing early cause they accidentally activated it and bricked my old phone. I still haven't got used to the idea my phone isn't a slow piece of crap and I can actually download apps and use it as more than a gps/text device. Got some gift certificates I can buy records with, already used the amazon one and used my mom's prime account got the "new" Mike Watt "Ring Spiel" tour double live album that just came out for under $11 and Bad Brains s/t for $15 it was time to reacquire especially after watching the doc recently. My sister got me these record frames you can pop out easily to play, so I need to decide what 3 to frame

Good day all. Just put a big pot of homemade chili on to cook for the next 5 hours or so. Perfect gloomy weather for hearty comfort food!

1 hour ago, NapalmBrain said:

I got my fun thing early cause they accidentally activated it and bricked my old phone. I still haven't got used to the idea my phone isn't a slow piece of crap and I can actually download apps and use it as more than a gps/text device. Got some gift certificates I can buy records with, already used the amazon one and used my mom's prime account got the "new" Mike Watt "Ring Spiel" tour double live album that just came out for under $11 and Bad Brains s/t for $15 it was time to reacquire especially after watching the doc recently. My sister got me these record frames you can pop out easily to play, so I need to decide what 3 to frame

I'm looking into a new phone as well, because mine is newer but is so slow still. Time to move up to a bigger processor and a better camera. Thanks for posting the link to that Documentary also. I knew HR was off, but man, he seems to be on a whole different level of existence from the rest of humanity.. It was a trip watching the other band members get pissed with him and go to butting heads. Still not sure if he is touched or is playing a role...

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic