Atlantic Records

noodle

Hey all,

I have a current coworker in which she worked for Atlantic Records from 1998 - 2002 and she found out that I was into vinyl format and randomly says "I have boxes of vinyl from when I worked there."  I asked what she had and her response was "Not sure to be honest.  Packed away for a long time."  Then continues stating she has signed posters,  lithographs..." 

Now, before I get all excited... can anybody recall or know who might have released something via Atlantic back in that time frame that might be on the vinyl format?  I went to wikipedia page of artists and that was too long to read through (tonight, at least) and narrow it down to years, etc.  Anything come to mind for anybody?  She said stop by and grab whatever... if anybody is interested, I can jot down a list and take a look.  

She said the only thing I can't have are the articles of clothing (jackets, shirts) that are signed.  

Dude, take it all. Get everything. Those are the darkest years of vinyl. Anything pressed in that timeframe would have been in very limited quantities and long out of press. If you can get your hands on the Classic Records represses of all of the Zeppelin albums (all originally on Atlantic), I'd buy them from you in a heartbeat. Stone Temple pilots also. Atlantic also had some real sappy artists during that time - like Jewel, Brandy and Hootie. Definitely post what you find. You may end up with some real jems.

Dude, take it all. Get everything. Those are the darkest years of vinyl. Anything pressed in that timeframe would have been in very limited quantities and long out of press. If you can get your hands on the Classic Records represses of all of the Zeppelin albums (all originally on Atlantic), I'd buy them from you on a heartbeat. Stone Temple pilots also. Atlantic also had some real sappy artists during that time - like Jewel, Brandy and Hootie. Definitely post what you find. You may end up with some real jems.

this

I'd like these:

Bad Religion ‎– New America

Bad Religion ‎– No Substance

CIV ‎– Thirteen Day Getaway

But she probably has these:

Kid Rock ‎– Cocky

Kid Rock ‎– Devil Without A Cause

Jewel ‎– Spirit

P.O.D. ‎– Satellite

Sugar Ray - 14:59

Uncle Kracker ‎– Double Wide

Lucky for you and or her, the latter are pretty valuable.

If she has some older stuff, Stone Temple Pilots ‎– Tiny Music... and Purple would rule.

That's not true at all. In fact, the vinyl for Purple had one of those weird release dates where it was actually available a week before the CD and cassette.

My bad then. I actually bought both of these LPs brand new from my local Tower Records around 1999/2000. They must have been on the shelves for a while then. Thanks for clarifying.

In the spirit of transparency and not trying to take advantage of a very generous offer, if I was you, I would make sure I understood from her if she is offering to let you go through a valuable collection and take stuff that you are interested in, or trying to get rid of this stuff she doesn’t want. If she is just making a kind offer to you, obviously go through it and take what you want. If she’s just ready to get rid of it, take it all. Sounds like a very promising possibility.

In the spirit of transparency and not trying to take advantage of a very generous offer, if I was you, I would make sure I understood from her if she is offering to let you go through a valuable collection and take stuff that you are interested in, or trying to get rid of this stuff she doesn’t want. If she is just making a kind offer to you, obviously go through it and take what you want. If she’s just ready to get rid of it, take it all. Sounds like a very promising possibility.

She definitely knows my interest and how some vinyl are likely carrying some value.  That does not bother her.  Was talking with her today... she even has skateboards!  

Probably does not have the time to mess around with it all (although it is free money if she sold)... has two children, family, etc etc.