The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I have a funny story about that Drive OST by Mondo. My buddy recently started getting into soundtracks and found one that had been on hold for like a year at a local record store. He hasn't even opened it, so it could be the pink or pic disc. I tried to trade him, but he knows the value and isn't having it. The fucked up thing is that if he wasn't into OSTs he probably would have easily told me it was at that store so I could get a copy. Would much rather have the Mondo black instead of my pink Invada.

Pic Disc has a different cover than the regular.

I have a funny story about that Drive OST by Mondo. My buddy recently started getting into soundtracks and found one that had been on hold for like a year at a local record store. He hasn't even opened it, so it could be the pink or pic disc. I tried to trade him, but he knows the value and isn't having it. The fucked up thing is that if he wasn't into OSTs he probably would have easily told me it was at that store so I could get a copy. Would much rather have the Mondo black instead of my pink Invada.

hahahha that blows. Yea pic disc has a different cover. So its either pink or black. I gave up on looking for a copy I wouldnt have to trade a limb for. I guess Ill settle with my pink Invada copy. 

I HAVE TWIN PEAK NEWS. and other news.

Alright so MV did an interview with Justin and detailed some upcoming Mondo releases:

• They're considering doing an Inception pressing. Said he would "start shooting emails around." And have to talk with Rob and others about artwork. Nothing planned atm. MV brought up The Dark Knight and Justin seemed interested. 
  • Twin Peaks has no set date right now and is still on track for first half 2015.  
  • The Last of Us was already supposed to be out but flooding damaged all of the test pressings so its been pushed back. It will be a 4XLP including OSTs for both the game and the sound track for the DLC. Artwork and test presses approved. Slated for Comic Con-ish time, so July.

`Edited with more info from the podcast.

Thanks for posting. Hope you enjoy. He also spoke of a "western soundtrack" coming out and something with a feather in it. 

The Last of Us was already supposed to be out but flooding damaged all of the test pressings so its been pushed back. It will be a 4XLP including OSTs for both the game and the sound track for the DLC. Artwork and test presses approved. Slated for Comic Con-ish time, so July.

Oh hell yes! I am all over that! I don't care if I don't eat for a month, it'll be worth it...

Just hope they don't shatter my dreams and make it a USA exclusive or something crazy.

Same for me (in CT). Emailed Mondo and got an automated reply back saying they would contact me soon... There are still like 2k left, so I'm not too worried.

Could you order to a relatives address elsewhere and then just get them to change the shipping address afterwards? Don't know if that would work or not, but worth a thought. Sure they'll be on the ball with replying though, especially when a new release is up.

Could you order to a relatives address elsewhere and then just get them to change the shipping address afterwards? Don't know if that would work or not, but worth a thought. Sure they'll be on the ball with replying though, especially when a new release is up.

I considered it, but I am not super concerned. I imagine there will be a few hundred left this time next week. I'm actually more concerned that I won't get the Goblin Tour EP for $5.

Anyone else still having trouble with the shipping. Says it doesn't recognize my location, and my address is in NV

Apparently the "Cannibal Holocaust" has to be ordered seperately from the Goblin Tour EP. At least, that's what customer service told me. It makes zero sense as bladie ordered 2 CH Lps, but I guess that's the answer I get.

Edit: Just realized they must ship from different locations. Duh.

Edit #2: I can add SotD and it works. What the actual fuck is happening? Why is CH so special that it has to ship w/o Goblin?

Apparently the "Cannibal Holocaust" has to be ordered seperately from the Goblin Tour EP. At least, that's what customer service told me. It makes zero sense as bladie ordered 2 CH Lps, but I guess that's the answer I get.

Edit #2: I can add SotD and it works. What the actual fuck is happening? Why is CH so special that it has to ship w/o Goblin?

I couldn't say for certain, but it's possible Goblin isn't physically there yet. I ordered DWRC stuff when it went live and it still hasn't shipped yet. Perhaps they're just trying to keep things separated right now so they can ship CH ASAP since it is in hand.

I couldn't say for certain, but it's possible Goblin isn't physically there yet. I ordered DWRC stuff when it went live and it still hasn't shipped yet. Perhaps they're just trying to keep things separated right now so they can ship CH ASAP since it is in hand.

Good observation. My Angela's theme hasn't shipped, so it's plausible. When I see tracking on that, I'll try again. With over 2K left after the initial onslaught, I'm probably safe to wait until next week (but I'll keep tabs on the stock levels).

Talked to a lady on Monday via email. They dont have the DW releases yet.

Ok I thought the same thing. Originally I tried adding CH, goblin ep, and splatter batman. And then I tried just batman and CH since they're both mondo, and still wouldn't. It doesn't say that you can't combine stuff with batman..

Then I tried just CH and still nothing. I sent them an email and they said they'd get back to me