The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

All of those RSD soundtrack comp's are silly to me. Just because you thought Judd Nelson was cool in Breakfast Club doesn't mean the soundtrack is actually an enjoyable 35 minute listen. But god damn I'm becoming such a cynical asshole. 

And I feel tempted to criticize death waltz in yet another thread, but I'll just bite my tongue and say I hope Mondo does 28 days later as well. 

lastly, the fountain was an incredibly confusing movie, but the score is quite beautiful. 

the fountain is probably my favorite film. would kill for the soundtrack on vinyl.

what's wrong with death waltz?

I have a vehement disdain for their aesthetic choices. 

At times, they have the racecar driver uniforms of vinyl jackets. 

a little very logo happy, but i kinda like the 80's aesthetic they were going for with the bordered covers and center labels. i haven't really been bothered by it so far. that said, if they do end up releasing some mansell stuff on vinyl (as they hinted on FB), i'd be peeved if they dominated the album artwork with their logo. 

a little very logo happy, but i kinda like the 80's aesthetic they were going for with the bordered covers and center labels. i haven't really been bothered by it so far. that said, if they do end up releasing some mansell stuff on vinyl (as they hinted on FB), i'd be peeved if they dominated the album artwork with their logo. 

Their RSD 7"s have a generic death waltz sleeve with their logo on it. Center labels with their logo on it. and a sticker with.....their logo on it! It's kind of hilarious. 

all of the soundtracks mondo has pressed minus the first 5 songs from drive are more scores by one artist. i doubt they'll be pressing too many compilation soundtracks as those are a pain in the ass to license and not really their focus.

also, it doesn't really seem necessary to press 8-bit music to vinyl, does it?

If vinyl is the only setup you have then yes.  My mine home stereo is only a turntable.

But I would be fine with a CD or MP3 as well....

Guest deathbydrums

All of the Goblin stuff is readily available and some releases of their's such as Patrick and Contamination were recently reissued. They are just fucking crazy expensive.

Was gonna say not entirely true to Goblin availability because I've always wanted Goblin's "Buio Omega" on vinyl and then when I just double checked on discogs... It was newly just released this year!!! :D