The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

I'm down for whatever. Drive is probably my favorite to date musically. I'd be down for more contemporary or non-horror as long as it is quality. It's all good to me because even if I don't love the score or soundtrack ill probably be into the art.

I have no idea what they might release. I kind of like that too.

I'm down for whatever. Drive is probably my favorite to date musically. I'd be down for more contemporary or non-horror as long as it is quality. It's all good to me because even if I don't love the score or soundtrack ill probably be into the art.

I have no idea what they might release. I kind of like that too.

Yeah I just wonder what kind of licensing access they will have to movie soundtracks because they seem to be pretty good at gaining it for their posters. Id love to see some 80s classics like Goonies, Karate Kid or something.

Guest tms2787

DUDE....High Fidelity would be awesome!!!

I was hoping that this years RSD would hold a release of it but it's not. So I am hoping Mondo or maybe RSD '14 holds it. I feel like it's a perfect release for RSD. But what the hell do I know.

I feel like a lot of people's suggestions for what Mondo should do next is not really in line with what they e put out so far. I guess to a point Drive isn't either, but in the end I just want more horror soundtracks.

agreed.  So far it seems like they've pretty much been film scores, as opposed to soundtracks (collection of hit songs).  I'd rather have the scores anyway.

I feel like a lot of people's suggestions for what Mondo should do next is not really in line with what they e put out so far. I guess to a point Drive isn't either, but in the end I just want more horror soundtracks.

I'd like to see more of that from them too, but we do have Death Waltz filling a lot of that void at the moment.

Kudos to the High Fidelity recommendation. And a Scott Pilgrim repress would sell out in .02 seconds, but I'd be all over it. And thank Jebus I have the OG. 

all of the soundtracks mondo has pressed minus the first 5 songs from drive are more scores by one artist. i doubt they'll be pressing too many compilation soundtracks as those are a pain in the ass to license and not really their focus.

also, it doesn't really seem necessary to press 8-bit music to vinyl, does it?

All of those RSD soundtrack comp's are silly to me. Just because you thought Judd Nelson was cool in Breakfast Club doesn't mean the soundtrack is actually an enjoyable 35 minute listen. But god damn I'm becoming such a cynical asshole. 

And I feel tempted to criticize death waltz in yet another thread, but I'll just bite my tongue and say I hope Mondo does 28 days later as well. 

lastly, the fountain was an incredibly confusing movie, but the score is quite beautiful.