The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Guest deleted

Anyone remember that HUGE argument had a few months back between Realtalk and Rooksbook (RIP) about how if you order 2 copies, you're "always" guaranteed at least 1 variant?

Yeah we can now put that myth to rest...

Nah, I don't know ANYTHING about Mondo variants #realtalk :rolleyes:  B)

I said that every time I ordered 2 that I got a variant and a black and for that reason it was not "random" which is true. Statistically it would have been insanely improbable to constantly getting one black/one variant. If there's any myth or confusion about what happened, that's on you.

#rooksisajoke

I said that every time I ordered 2 that I got a variant and a black and for that reason it was not "random" which is true. Statistically it would have been insanely improbable to constantly getting one black/one variant. If there's any myth or confusion about what happened, that's on you.

#rooksisajoke

Oh c'mon bro that's a pretty harmful hashtag. I was just about to say #atleastwebondoverModernlove.

But, dang. Harsh.

Edit: I'm also just gonna let your new ridiculous statement go... because, lol.

#rooksisajoke

Don't forget "all your friends" who got the same thing too when buying 2 copies. I'm sure we could pull some quotes that have you saying a little more than what you're suggesting though.

#realtalkselfproclaimedmondoexpert

Guest deleted

We all know that if something happens 10-12 times it's irrefutable fact that that is the only possible outcome and there's an infinitely small percentage of chance that anything else could occur.

That's just good math. So, #leaverealtalkalone !

Yes, my friends an acquaintances (about 10) also always bought 2 and got 1 of each. Feel free to go back and re-read stuff so it will at least be accurate.

And rooks, we already had the probability discussion and the statistics alone is proof enough that it is not entirely random. Add in what Mo said about trying to make the fans happy and one wonders why we're having this stupid discussion again?!

Yes, my friends an acquaintances (about 10) also always bought 2 and got 1 of each. Feel free to go back and re-read stuff so it will at least be accurate.

And rooks, we already had the probability discussion and the statistics alone is proof enough that it is not entirely random. Add in what Mo said about trying to make the fans happy and one wonders why we're having this stupid discussion again?!

Because when people buy 4 copies and post that they received 0 variants, it makes your argument look foolish. Give it up, you're wrong, deal with it.

Guest deleted

Because when people buy 4 copies and post that they received 0 variants, it makes your argument look foolish. Give it up, you're wrong, deal with it.

Important thinking question for yourself: Are there equal number of variants as black copies? What would an order receive after they've run out of variants?

Ordered 2. Both were black. Seriously disappointed on this one. Other than the Omen (which had a much lower chance of getting a variant), this is the only time I've ordered two and not gotten a variant. If anyone has a dilophosaurus variant they'd be willing to sell near cost or trade for some non-variant Mondo or Waxwork soundtracks, let me know.

Just got through side A and B of JP, and it's full of hiss & pops. I know I reported earlier that Side A sounded good when I listened to it yesterday and I don't know how it didn't get my attention because at times it gets pretty bad. Mostly at the beginning of the first track, then around the middle & end as far as pops go. The hissing goes from moderate to heavy throughout the entire thing. Gave it a gentle cleaning too and it's not any better.

It's not warped but there's quite a few scuffs all over both sides but side A is by far the worst. Spinning side C right now and it's totally different; absolutely no hiss, just some slight popping here & there that's totally fine.

I'd contact Mondo for a replacement but they're out, and I don't want to lose having one of these. But it sucks having dropped $42 on a soundtrack with a messy first half!

Just got through side A and B of JP, and it's full of hiss & pops. I know I reported earlier that Side A sounded good when I listened to it yesterday and I don't know how it didn't get my attention because at times it gets pretty bad. Mostly at the beginning of the first track, then around the middle & end as far as pops go. The hissing goes from moderate to heavy throughout the entire thing. Gave it a gentle cleaning too and it's not any better.

It's not warped but there's quite a few scuffs all over both sides but side A is by far the worst. Spinning side C right now and it's totally different; absolutely no hiss, just some slight popping here & there that's totally fine.

I'd contact Mondo for a replacement but they're out, and I don't want to lose having one of these. But it sucks having dropped $42 on a soundtrack with a messy first half!

Under a bright light, my copy looked like it was slid across the factory floor or something. Good thing I'm getting shipped a replacement.

My order hasn't shipped yet - the site says to allow 3-4 weeks but my order hasn't had ANY updates since I placed it - really hope nothing went wrong with it.

This must be your first time ordering from Mondo. If you look through the last few pages you'll see that plenty of people haven't received shipping yet. Plus, we haven't even hit the three week mark yet.