The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

guys just because its not on 180g vinyl doesn't make it bad, lots of 'thin' records play really well. I have no problem with the latest DW releases. I actually am glad that they are using regular size jackets too instead of the over sized ones they used to use.

I never said their releases had to be 180g. My point was it would just be nice if the overall packaging of their releases was a little higher quality. I have no problem paying an extra $5-$10 if I know I'm going to be getting something nice and sturdy.

Just got my big order from the Death Waltz drop -- zero damage and everything was packed up tight in a big old box. They even taped the Pye Audio Corner 10" to a flat so it wouldn't rattle around. The jackets are definitely thinner on all the new titles, more like the stock type that Mondo uses for their releases. Not terrible, but definitely not the nice tip-ons DW had been using.

Re: the actual records, I've listened to Pye and I'm halfway through The Guest, and they both sound great.

"Due in 2015" according to the obi strip on Killer Nun:

- Twin Peaks

- Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

- Hyena

- Absurd

Kinda curious how they're going to handle the Twin Peaks releases. Are they going to be straight reissues with the Julee Cruise and Jimmy Scott tracks or score-only reissues? Would love to have expanded versions with the original album on one LP and a bonus LP of unreleased cues on another.

I got an OG copy of the original Twin Peaks OST a few months ago and really want Fire Walk With Me but those are crazy expensive. 

Sure would be nice to get some of those Future shop books in US

I doubt they'd be allowed to just reissue them exactly the same since they were store exclusives... but if they did variant editions maybe they could get away with it.

Happy to see True Detective getting a wider release as well.

Hope this works out for them.

I may be wrong, but maybe the availability of the steel books has to do with Future Shop stores in Canada changing there name to Best Buy.

Best Buy Canada is still releasing Canadian-exclusive steelbooks, so I think it's more of a licensing/rights thing that determines what gets released where.

I have the feeling that both Canada and the US will continue getting exclusives, but they will be different in each country.