The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

anyone else loving that mad max soundtrack? I think it's pretty solid. absolutely love the track 'brothers in arms'.

I have to say that if there had been a 12" of that track, I would be completely fine with it. It's such a good track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaL6NxTvWRM

Death Waltz Originals Presents: LAW UNIT LP On Sale Info!

Death Waltz Recording Company is proud to bring you an all-new aural experience via the latest installment of the Death Waltz Originals imprint. LAW UNIT is a brand new creation by maestros Umberto (PROPHECY OF THE BLACK WIDOW, NIGHT HAS A THOUSAND SCREAMS) and Antoni Maiovvi (YELLOW, DELTA CITY), an original concept that in the composers' own words “moves past the retro-futurist works of their individual solo releases to explore a world of early industrial and experimental music." The resulting album is made up of ten dangerously cool and evocative cuts, the kind of tracks that put you in the mood for LA circa 2019, or the Detroit of 1987.

You can listen to a few tracks here.

LAW UNIT will be available on vinyl & CD tomorrow, May 19th, at 11am CST. 

Death Waltz Originals Presents: Law Unit by Umberto & Antoni Maiovvi. Pressed on Pink Pearl Vinyl (Mondo exclusive - limited to 500 copies) & Orange Vinyl. $20 (Available on CD for $15).

Got my Guest today. Got that seam split I've come to expect from anything coming from Mondo.

It all looks great, but goddamn does Death Waltz need to step up the quality of their releases. Has all of their stuff recently been so thin? Not just the vinyl, but the overall packaging. I hate to say it but the packaging for The Guest is about on par with some of the bootlegs that I have. Also, that OBI strip is really cool, but am I the only one who had one hell of a time getting it off? It was so tight that it didn't just slide off, I had to scoot one side up, then the other, then the other side, etc. So needless to say there's no way I'm getting it back on.

I feel terrible for all the complaining. I just love this soundtrack so much and am a little disappointed in how it all came out...

Got my Guest today. Got that seam split I've come to expect from anything coming from Mondo.

It all looks great, but goddamn does Death Waltz need to step up the quality of their releases. Has all of their stuff recently been so thin? Not just the vinyl, but the overall packaging. I hate to say it but the packaging for The Guest is about on par with some of the bootlegs that I have. Also, that OBI strip is really cool, but am I the only one who had one hell of a time getting it off? It was so tight that it didn't just slide off, I had to scoot one side up, then the other, then the other side, etc. So needless to say there's no way I'm getting it back on.

I feel terrible for all the complaining. I just love this soundtrack so much and am a little disappointed in how it all came out...

I've bought probably 8 or so releases from Mondo and never once got a seam split so that sucks if that's a recurring thing for you. My Guest comes in tomorrow so I'll chime in on the rest, but my Big Bad Wolves came in today and the packaging is really great. Record isn't 180g but it feels normal, not too thin.

Its been 50/50 on the vinyl. BBW & Hollywood Hookers were Superb quality on both vinyl/packaging. Really well done. 

Where as the Guest & AGWHAAN are probably the thinnest records in my collection... I had a hell of time at first with the OBI strip, then realized where the seam connected they used that tacky wax (like on back of Credit Cards when you first get them) so i just pulled it apart & can now take on/off whenever. I tried sliding it off for about 10 minutes to lol, before trying that before cutting it off.

I had a hell of time at first with the OBI strip, then realized where the seam connected they used that tacky wax (like on back of Credit Cards when you first get them) so i just pulled it apart & can now take on/off whenever. I tried sliding it off for about 10 minutes to lol, before trying that before cutting it off.

Yeah I noticed that after taking it off. Tried taking it apart then but it seemed stuck on there pretty good and I didn't want to risk ripping it.

guys just because its not on 180g vinyl doesn't make it bad, lots of 'thin' records play really well.  I have no problem with the latest DW releases.  I actually am glad that they are using regular size jackets too instead of the over sized ones they used to use.

Yeah, they are so regular sized I can't even get Nighsatan in to it haha.