The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Yeah, mondo steelbooks are the only steelbooks people buy. "Because mondo"   :rolleyes:

I'm really surprised such a question is even asked around here.

What's so special about gatefold releases? A cover that folds? Is that it?

What's so special about colored vinyl? Vinyl that's colored? Is that it?

What's so special about mondo vinyl releases. Different artwork? Is that it?

Not really sure how that's so hard to grasp...  ;)

Why would that be ridiculous? Expecting a company who are already notoriously slow shippers to send out posters in order is ridiculous.

I guess I just thought that's what they did. Several other prints I've bought from other companies appear to be sent out in order (maybe?) as I've gotten very low numbers when I purchased quickly. And when I've bought numbered prints in person I've always seen that they sell in order (not sure with Mondo). I guess maybe I hoped that part of the reason they took so long to ship was because they were honoring that system haha.

Honest question: what's the point of numbering them then?

I guess I just thought that's what they did. Several other prints I've bought from other companies appear to be sent out in order (maybe?) as I've gotten very low numbers when I purchased quickly. And when I've bought numbered prints in person I've always seen that they sell in order (not sure with Mondo). I guess maybe I hoped that part of the reason they took so long to ship was because they were honoring that system haha.

Honest question: what's the point of numbering them then?

Proof there is only that many. Also, I don't think very many companies SHIP that way. And I'd be willing to bet Mondo sells in order in person.

Yeah that makes sense.

I buy from Spoke Art, Gallery 1988. Grey Matter, Hero Complex, etc. and it usually seems like I get a low number when I order immediately and a much higher number when I hesitate, so I thought maybe that was the idea, to ship in order of purchase, but I guess not always necessarily. 

AHh I just missed the Mondo Hannibal Soundtrack Steak Tare Tare Vinyl when it was released. If there's any kind soul out there that purchased an extra copy they would be willing to sell or trade me that would be amazing! Please PM me and let me know I would really appreciate it! Hannibal is such a good show. I would also love the colored variant of the Mad Max Fury Road Vinyl. And being such a huge Mondo fan it's a shame I don't own any of the Steelbook Blu Rays...If anyone has The Mondo X Steelbook of Pans Labyrinth at a decent price let me know as well. I was spending alot of money on their poster prints awhile ago but I love it that they offer a choice between a limited edition color variant or black vinyl instead of how they used to do the colored variants randomly. Definetly glad they did that for the Guardians of the Galaxy Vinyl that I got from them that infinity stone color is awesome. Well hopefully someone can help me out my main want is the Hannibal Vinyl for sure. Thanks guys take it easy!

AHh I just missed the Mondo Hannibal Soundtrack Steak Tare Tare Vinyl when it was released. If there's any kind soul out there that purchased an extra copy they would be willing to sell or trade me that would be amazing! Please PM me and let me know I would really appreciate it! Hannibal is such a good show. I would also love the colored variant of the Mad Max Fury Road Vinyl. And being such a huge Mondo fan it's a shame I don't own any of the Steelbook Blu Rays...If anyone has The Mondo X Steelbook of Pans Labyrinth at a decent price let me know as well. I was spending alot of money on their poster prints awhile ago but I love it that they offer a choice between a limited edition color variant or black vinyl instead of how they used to do the colored variants randomly. Definetly glad they did that for the Guardians of the Galaxy Vinyl that I got from them that infinity stone color is awesome. Well hopefully someone can help me out my main want is the Hannibal Vinyl for sure. Thanks guys take it easy!

Tried to pm you but you inbox was full.

I could check my local for you and if they have one I can ship it from canada. I did a group buy when it was released. Wish you'd have joined then. Let me know if I can help.

Just spun The Guest for the first time. Man, that is one flimsy piece of vinyl. It also overhangs my platter by a fair bit - I lowered my dust cover  (Debut III) as it was spinning and it caught (and scratched) the cover.

Yep, my copy of Law Unit is the same way. Dunno what's up with Death Waltz but their vinyl/packaging quality has definitely dropped off since they joined Mondo. (I don't think it's Mondo's fault -- their stuff has stayed pretty consistent.) It's just strange to look at the recent DW releases versus those fancy deluxe editions they were putting out 6-8 months ago. Hopefully it's just growing pains.

Yep, my copy of Law Unit is the same way. Dunno what's up with Death Waltz but their vinyl/packaging quality has definitely dropped off since they joined Mondo. (I don't think it's Mondo's fault -- their stuff has stayed pretty consistent.) It's just strange to look at the recent DW releases versus those fancy deluxe editions they were putting out 6-8 months ago. Hopefully it's just growing pains.

It's a real shame - I had my hopes high for Twin Peaks in those lovely thick board jackets that my DW Assault on Precinct 13 OST came in.