The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Did anyone hear that Justin Ishmael is selling off his entire personal collection of Mondo Prints on the Mondo Trader Facebook group!? Some awesome prints but a little pricey. He's Selling Ken Taylor's Halloween Print Regular $700, Variant $1,000...I know it's worth alot but damn. The Cabin In The Woods and Edmiston's Evil Dead 2 Prints he has for $180 and $250 are such sweet Prints tho way you out of my price range tho.

Did anyone hear that Justin Ishmael is selling off his entire personal collection of Mondo Prints on the Mondo Trader Facebook group!? Some awesome prints but a little pricey. He's Selling Ken Taylor's Halloween Print Regular $700, Variant $1,000...I know it's worth alot but damn. The Cabin In The Woods and Edmiston's Evil Dead 2 Prints he has for $180 and $250 are such sweet Prints tho way you out of my price range tho.

Pretty amazing collection but damn prices !

Really? He's a jerk for selling them at the average price? Is he suppose to just give them away? He is trying to raise money to start a new business...

Seeing as he most likely got them at cost or probably free, it does come across as a bit douchey. its unreasonable to expect him to give them away or sell them at the original selling price, but if you really had a problem with the secondary market like he  and Mondo do (did), you probably could sell them at a more reasonable price and still make some money and make fans happy. There is a more reasonable approach given his connection to the material. 

if 1-2000 pins just sold that quick. i'm getting into the $10 enamel pin business. i doubt there were that many though haha.

It's a pretty good business, honestly.  I've made close to a grand just selling a few pins here and there.  It's pretty awesome getting your own artwork into a medium like that, too!

That's right he did do ALOT of work over the years but after Mondo got go and started becoming insanely popular over the years are people forgetting he was getting paid/making money from the business just like any worker would except probably alot more money. Of course he got the prints for free...no one is saying he should get rid of these prints for free or cost but these are Ebay prices he's charging even the Median prices for these rare prints is a lot of money. So what happened to the salary he made every year to make it seem like he's completely desperate for money to the point that he's taking the prints he owns from a company he parted ways with, that these amazing artists created and charging TOP dollar for them to the people who helped his former company grow and become what it is today. I have a little bit of a problem with that we are always posting links to Ebay listings after a Mondo item sells out and someone is selling it for triple the price or more and frown on it. I'm sure his collection is amazing as he had access to anything. If he were to sell Ken Taylors Halloween for $450-500 and the Variant for $750 instead of $700 and $1,000...it wouldn't seem soooo bad. I'm sure he didn't get all these free prints with the intention of selling them for flippers prices but it seems a little fucked up to me...I'm grateful for the company he was a part of but I'm sure he's made more money than all of us together and we rip on people who turn around and try to sell something for a flippers profit. And we all know people will pay it because it's Mondo...now for all the people who miss out on a print or a vinyl record because it sells out in seconds just to turn around an hour later and see Ebay flooded with them for outrageous prices all know how frustrating It is to collect Mondo Prints/Vinyl, and it's just getting worse. I hear talk about bots sniping prints on big drops and I wouldn't be surprised at all it's the world we live in but it's sucking the joy out of the hobby and Mondo doesn't seem to care to implement Captcha's to prove your human giving everyone an equal chance. EBay Sniper bidding programs have been around for a long time but EBay doesn't care the more your item sells for the more they can charge you in fees. Mondo says they go the extra mile to make sure people only get one print or 2 vinyl per household but when it seems like half the prints end up on Ebay almost instantly meaning half the sales went to flippers that pass the one print criteria but one print is all you need when you are making double or triple your money back. If there are as many Mondo Sniping Bots as I imagine there are and Mondo made it so they were useless these flippers wouldn't sit there like a lot of us do hitting F5 over and over again for the chance they might get lucky and a lot of people who actually want prints would have a much better success rate getting something they will actually appreciate...RANT OVER!

Seeing as he most likely got them at cost or probably free, it does come across as a bit douchey. its unreasonable to expect him to give them away or sell them at the original selling price, but if you really had a problem with the secondary market like he  and Mondo do (did), you probably could sell them at a more reasonable price and still make some money and make fans happy. There is a more reasonable approach given his connection to the material.

I think six month average is the most fair thing he could have done. He's trying to start a business so he's not going to give anything away. And because of that his cost, or lack therof, is irrelevant to the conversation. But by going with the average he's not price gouging, either. Maybe if stuff doesn't sell you'll be able to negotiate down a percentage from the average or something.

Not enough time/patience to read that ridiculously long rant above (sorry), but I skimmed over it and got the gist.

I believe I read somewhere it was part of his contract/deal with Mondo that he receive one copy of every print. Sort of like receiving stock options for a company you work for. It's part of your pay. If that's the case, I would absolutely sell my stock in a company I'm leaving for top dollar. Also I can't pretend to know what the guy's salary was, but when starting your own business, every dollar helps.