Nu-metal Appresh

Ah Nu-Metal, such a fickle and weird genre and style. 

I don't give a rat's ass about losing your precious scene points and cred but I still rock out to Limp Bizkit's first few albums. And Korn and Deftones (although they shed that tag years and years ago). All the others are wack. 

Y'all listen to Gold Cobra? I kinda dug it. Definitely not up to Significant Other level of greatness, but still pretty enjoyable. Had a weird almost "emo-y" bent to it.

Taproot - Gift was my shit. That album is still pretty incredible (although I haven't listened in a while). But this band went to hell QUICK. "Welcome" had some good jams, and translated very well live, but it was so over-produced that it didn't stand up after a while. And everything post-Welcome except for Facepeeler was just trash.

I remember hearing a demo version of Poem 2 Self before Welcome came out and that song rocked so damn hard. And then they pussified it with the studio version.

To this day Taproot is my most disappointing band ever just because of how obsessed I was with Gift, pre-Gift stuff and B-Sides.

However, moshing with Stephen Richards during "I" is one of my fav concert memories.

I used to be in love with POD. I would even call TRL when they got on there and vote up there videos. That fad lasted for a few months then never again. 

Slipknot, Korn, Mushroomhead and all that jazz never did it for, always thought there was better out there. But, its interesting to say the least.

I'll always relate P.O.D. with 9/11. I got "Satellite" a day early (Monday, 9/10) at this sweet little indy CD store and was jamming with my friends to it all night. And I remember listening to it in a computers class in high school when the TV came on and we learned about the attacks for the first time. It was weird to me rocking out to "Boom" right before all that went down.

Remember how Cold went from putting out a really great debut record while looking like a college rock band, and then all of a sudden they looked like a Hot Topic threw up on them?

yeah, they jumped right into the image thing.

their debut was fantastic. but 13 ways was really good too.

i never accepted the image change. i thought it was laughable.

pretty sure year of the spider had some really great tracks, too.

but shit like 'stupid girl' was really disappointing.

pretty sure rivers from weezer wrote it for them.

also, scooter had a pretty decent solo record called 'the killer and the star'

but it was laced with autotune for some unexplainable reason.

still great melodies like always.

he's good with that.

• 2 months later...