THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

That's crazy.  And it's even crazier to me that 48 people are watching the auction.

For a lot of collectors, NOFX are in the same vein as bands like Misfits whose early or rare pressings go for hundreds of dollars. Take the Bullet EP for example, which regularly sells for ~$500 - and there were 2,000 or so of those pressed in '78 when it first came out. Now factor in that the Decline is some of NOFX's best known material, and there were only 155 (and some bootleg clear copies, apparently) pressed, and all of a sudden $1,000 doesn't seem too far out of the ballpark. Yeah, it's still an insane amount of money for a record, but... it makes sense.

For a lot of collectors, NOFX are in the same vein as bands like Misfits whose early or rare pressings go for hundreds of dollars. Take the Bullet EP for example, which regularly sells for ~$500 - and there were 2,000 or so of those pressed in '78 when it first came out. Now factor in that the Decline is some of NOFX's best known material, and there were only 155 (and some bootleg clear copies, apparently) pressed, and all of a sudden $1,000 doesn't seem too far out of the ballpark. Yeah, it's still an insane amount of money for a record, but... it makes sense.

Wow, I didn't know only 155 were pressed.  That makes more sense then.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blink-182-Enema-Of-The-State-Vinyl-Record-Album-Sealed-Splatter-Vinyl-/131193720566?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item1e8bc14ef6

this asshole couldnt even wait to get home before putting it up on ebay. you can clearly see they're still in the parking lot of the mall

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blink-182-Enema-Of-The-State-Vinyl-Record-Album-Sealed-Splatter-Vinyl-/131193720566?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item1e8bc14ef6

this asshole couldnt even wait to get home before putting it up on ebay. you can clearly see they're still in the parking lot of the mall

Maybe he lives in his car...

I think the same guy has it listed on Discogs as well, for the same price. Considering what clear copies of the Decline have sold for in the past, $1,000 isn't actually obscene. It's just... average, I guess. 

I was told by a lying friend that the decline was only pressed in clear when it first came out. He told me that there was a limited orange/155. I should probably check the fatwreck wiki more often.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item1e8bc14ef6

This man is in a car, driving. The car is clearly moving. According to him a goddamn blink record is more important than his safety. Nice 

This man is in a car, driving. The car is clearly moving. According to him a goddamn blink record is more important than his safety. Nice 

you're right, the car is moving. i didnt notice the broken road lines haha. either way, what a dick

The most reckless part of all is that he's sitting in the passenger seat. I can't begin to image how dangerous it is to navigate the steering wheel and pedals from one seat over.