THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

• 2 weeks later...

And I thought the $139.99+tax at retail was steep.

I got in on the first online pre-order right after RSD so I paid $130 shipped plus 4-5 months of "We're getting them in later this month!" false updates.

Btw, VC totally effed up that pre-order. Cake told folks to join their mailing list to get first dibs but someone leaked the order URL here a few hours before the mailing list newsletter went out. So the pre-order sold out like 1 minute after Cake sent out their email. Classic VC.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone come across this scammer yet?
Claims his jackets "have some writing on them". They all have (presumably) fake signatures. He claims to know nothing about each record and just that they have writing on them, this covers his ass when someone realizes they bought a fake signed album.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?isRefine=true&_pgn=1&_nkw=seller%3Ahuskyrecords1986&_sasl=huskyrecords1986&_sop=16

Anyone come across this scammer yet?

Claims his jackets "have some writing on them". They all have (presumably) fake signatures. He claims to know nothing about each record and just that they have writing on them, this covers his ass when someone realizes they bought a fake signed album.

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?isRefine=true&_pgn=1&_nkw=seller%3Ahuskyrecords1986&_sasl=huskyrecords1986&_sop=16

That is insane!

And most of them have bids!!

The worst part is, some of this stuff will get bought and then go back out into the general population as those buyers slowly sell them off as genuinely signed, not knowing any better.

Probably the best case to not bother buying anything that's supposedly "autographed" unless you saw the person signing it in front of you...