OG pressings of Hum's You'd Prefer an Astronaut available here 2/25?!?!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to ask, did anyone else get one of these from the most recent run and it showed up ruined?

My copy has what looks a layer of hardened plastic goo melted into the grooves on both the A and B side. There's no way this could have happened during shipping. It's very similar to the issues that many people (myself included) had with Glassjaw's Worship and Tribute where there was severe outgassing due to the plastic used in the packaging being in direct contact w/ the record.

If it's like the Glassjaw album I know there is no way to fix it. I understand Matt stated these albums are being sold "as is" and aren't in perfect shape but he did say that each record was inspected. How could this go unchecked? I spent my money to support the guy and to have a great album to listen to. Not to have a worthless piece of plastic. It's so bad my needle can't go past the first three seconds of the album and no I do not have a Crosley.

Sorry if I sound a little peeved but I am. I'm going to go ahead and email Earth Analog and hopefully be able to work something out but I wanted to see if I was alone in this.

I keep missing the sales.  Sorry that happened to you.  Was it an Astronaut album?  I'm really looking to get a copy of Electra, but I'm getting the impression I won't get a shot at one of the OGVs.  Here's the latest update from 3 days ago.

Update, Sunday, February 16…
Next vinyl sale will be next sunday, Feb. 23 at 7:00 p.m., cst. Astronaut only. Lots of questions about Electra and I am sorry but very few of those left. Looking into a re-issue, if there is any appetite for that…

There is very much an appetite for it, for me anyways.  And if he could just go ahead and include Downward is Heavenward in that reissue campaign, that'd be great...

I keep missing the sales.  Sorry that happened to you.  Was it an Astronaut album?  I'm really looking to get a copy of Electra, but I'm getting the impression I won't get a shot at one of the OGVs.  Here's the latest update from 3 days ago.

Update, Sunday, February 16…

Next vinyl sale will be next sunday, Feb. 23 at 7:00 p.m., cst. Astronaut only. Lots of questions about Electra and I am sorry but very few of those left. Looking into a re-issue, if there is any appetite for that…

There is very much an appetite for it, for me anyways.  And if he could just go ahead and include Downward is Heavenward in that reissue campaign, that'd be great...

It was Astronaut. Matt emailed me back and was concerned more than anything because he's had zero issues since he started selling these. I sent my copy back and am getting a replacement. Stinks that there will be one less copy of this out there but I wouldn't let anyone spin the one I had given the state it was in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...