OFFICIAL RSD13/Record Store Day Releases Thread (1st Post Updated)

dont know if anyone has mentioned this yet but i just took a look at the record store day .pdf and there will be 500 copies of portugal. the mans church mouth at coachella, bone white, /500.

somebody please grab this for me??

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/6159

Yeah I saw that too but nobody offered to get me one. Hopefully somebody on here is going to coachella and can get it. It's only available at the zia records tent. I bought tickets to see them on the 18th so if the band has them ill try and grab a few.

Yeah I saw that too but nobody offered to get me one. Hopefully somebody on here is going to coachella and can get it. It's only available at the zia records tent. I bought tickets to see them on the 18th so if the band has them ill try and grab a few.

I'm going, so I'll try to help you guys out.  I don't know how successful I'll be though

STREAM DAN DEACON'S RECORD STORE DAY 7" "KONONO RIPOFF NO. 1" 

1803.jpg

Dan Deacon is set to release "Konono Ripoff No. 1," a limited 7" (500 hand-numbered worldwide) for this year's Record Store Day. An homage to the legendary Congolese Konono Nº1, the song has been a fan favorite of Dan Deacon's live shows for some time, yet has never been recorded until now. This 7" features two versions of the track as performed by two sets of dual drummers:  Kevin O'Meara and Jeremy Hyman on Side A; Denny Bowen and Dave Jacober on Side B.

The cover photo for the 7" was taken at Whiteside Mountain near Highlands, NC by Molton Brouff, the winner of the crowd sourced Dan Deacon America Instagram contest presented by Aperture. Find out more information and see the gallery of submissions here: http://dandeacon.com/america   

Samiam Announces First-Ever US Vinyl Release of Clumsy for Record Store Day

Punknews Unveils Demo Versions of “Time By the Dime” and “Simca”

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, BERKELEY, CA: 90s punk rock catalysts Samiam have announced the first-ever US vinyl pressing of their Atlantic Records classic Clumsy to be released via Siren Records on Record Store Day (April 20th). Clumsy was produced by Lou Giordano (Sunny Day Real Estate, Sugar, Millencolin) and released in 1994 via Atlantic Records – Samiam’s first and only major label release. After 19 years of global touring with bands like Blink 182, Green Day, and Bad Religion along with four full length records, Clumsy has finally made its debut to the US vinyl circuit. 500 black units are available for pre-order now at the Siren Records webstore, where every purchaser is entered to win a test pressing of the record. 1,500 red/numbered units will also be available on Record Store Day via Think Indie.

In addition to the vinyl release, Samiam has unveiled never-heard-before demo versions of “Time By the Dime” and “Simca” from the Clumsy sessions, which can be exclusively streamed at Punknews.org.

Guitarist Sergie Loobkoff on Clumsy:

“We had all flipped out over Sugar’s Copper Blue, which Lou (Giordano) produced, and couldn’t believe our fortune in pairing up with him. All of us learned so much from that guy and he is personally responsible for how all subsequent Samiam songs were written and recorded. I think Clumsy was a huge step forward for our little ragtag group. Now, 19 years later, I listen to it and really appreciate the quality of sound that Lou sculpted. This record is imperfect…in a totally neat way.”

Stream exclusive, never-before-heard demo versions of “Time by the Dime” and “Simca:” http://www.punknews.org/article/51247/streams-samiam-clumsy-demos-exclusive

Pre-order Clumsy on vinyl (Black, 500 available): http://shop.soundthesiren.com/product/samiam-clumsy-12

Find the red/numbered Clumsy Record Store Day Exclusive at your local record store here: http://thinkindie.com/store-finder/

Paramore is now doing a record store day 7" called The Holiday Sessions.

"Grimey’s will also be selling a Record Store Day exclusive die-cut 7” vinyl in the shape of a hibiscus flower with the 3 interludes from the new album.

The Holiday Sessions will be limited to 700 total copies. 300 of those will be available at Grimey’s with the rest available in The Paramore Webstore for those who can’t make it to Nashville."

I've got a few friends that are helping out at the CIMS warehouse, packing up all of the RSD stuff....bums me out that all of these releases are hanging out in a warehouse so close to my work, and that I'll miss out on RSD again this year for work....and that in our own city, we don't have a Record Store that will be carrying a fraction of these releases....bummertown