CONFESSIONS

Just the last few pages have seemed pretty judgemental. My boy boomer got a DUI and everyone was all, you're not a bad person you did a bad thing (with which I agree.) but dude says he thinks about cheating on his girl, but would never do it and everyone jumps on his shit.

There's nothing wrong with having a connection with someone else or finding someone else sexy/attractive while you're in a relationship. It's going to happen for sure.

This definitely happens but I feel as if couples in a relationship would be doing more harm than good if they chose to reject that notion. It's healthy to say when you find people hot or whatever. As long as you have the trust in each other not to act on it then it's fine. Trying to hide it or saying things like "I would never look at another guy/girl" doesn't do any good. My and my gf tell each other when we see someone on TV that we find attractive or whatever. It doesn't make a difference to us. In my experience, I get more attention from women when I'm currently in a relationship, which is pretty funny. It's not something I would ever act on, but maybe it's something to do with the confidence of being in a relationship? I dunno. It's all black magic to me.

Since it's the confessions thread, I cheated on my first girlfriend a few times. I don't regret it, she put me through emotional torment for about two and a half years and despite my trying to get out (which didn't work). I figured what the fuck. Pretty sure she was cheating on me at university as well.

I get more attention from women when I'm currently in a relationship, which is pretty funny. It's not something I would ever act on, but maybe it's something to do with the confidence of being in a relationship? I dunno. It's all black magic to me.

I think it's because when women see a dude who has a woman they figure if someone can stand to be with him he must have something going for him.

This definitely happens but I feel as if couples in a relationship would be doing more harm than good if they chose to reject that notion. It's healthy to say when you find people hot or whatever. As long as you have the trust in each other not to act on it then it's fine. Trying to hide it or saying things like "I would never look at another guy/girl" doesn't do any good. My and my gf tell each other when we see someone on TV that we find attractive or whatever. It doesn't make a difference to us. In my experience, I get more attention from women when I'm currently in a relationship, which is pretty funny. It's not something I would ever act on, but maybe it's something to do with the confidence of being in a relationship? I dunno. It's all black magic to me.

Since it's the confessions thread, I cheated on my first girlfriend a few times. I don't regret it, she put me through emotional torment for about two and a half years and despite my trying to get out (which didn't work). I figured what the fuck. Pretty sure she was cheating on me at university as well.

I don't give a shit when my wife says someone is attractive, Brian Fallon isn't going to put together her IKEA furniture or update her iPhone. She makes it weird for me, however, for example if I say a female on a show is attractive then she'll make annoying comments when we watch that show from time to time. I just want to watch the show, goddammit.

I think the whole flirting thing is weird when you're married too, my wife says I do it but I know I don't because I never could in the first place. Plus, I'm never around other females. I primarily work with dudes and when I'm not at work I'm at home. I tend to think both men and women confuse being nice with flirting, smiling at the checkout girl at Von's and saying 'hi' isn't flirting, it's just the way my mom raised me. My wedding band should make it clear that I'm only interested in one woman.

With that being said, has anyone else noticed most men these days (maybe this is just in my area) don't wear wedding bands anymore? I'm pretty sure me and my best friend and the only guys out of all our married buddies who do.

Yeah, I don't know how to flirt either. It's just something I can't do. I do however genuinely enjoy being nice to people. I seriously think it's a real pleasure to be nice to anyone for no reason at all. I can see how it can be mistaken, but my GF has never accused me of flirting with anyone I don't think.

I also don't have a problem at pointing it out when I see an attractive guy, and the same with my gf when she sees an attractive woman. It's conversation; something to remark upon.

And speaking of the wedding ring thing, our drummer smashed his apart when in rehearsal recently, so now he keeps it at home, and has had his wife's first initial tattooed where the ring was.

I don't give a shit when my wife says someone is attractive, Brian Fallon isn't going to put together her IKEA furniture or update her iPhone. She makes it weird for me, however, for example if I say a female on a show is attractive then she'll make annoying comments when we watch that show from time to time. I just want to watch the show, goddammit.

I think the whole flirting thing is weird when you're married too, my wife says I do it but I know I don't because I never could in the first place. Plus, I'm never around other females. I primarily work with dudes and when I'm not at work I'm at home. I tend to think both men and women confuse being nice with flirting, smiling at the checkout girl at Von's and saying 'hi' isn't flirting, it's just the way my mom raised me. My wedding band should make it clear that I'm only interested in one woman.

With that being said, has anyone else noticed most men these days (maybe this is just in my area) don't wear wedding bands anymore? I'm pretty sure me and my best friend and the only guys out of all our married buddies who do.

I take mine off if I'm lifting weights at the gym so it doesn't get all scratched up/ doing something that could smash it up. That's the only time I'm without it though.

I take mine off if I'm lifting weights at the gym so it doesn't get all scratched up/ doing something that could smash it up. That's the only time I'm without it though.

That's understandable, I did the same when I was lifting regularly. We also can't wear them at work for safety reasons so I keep mine in my locker, however when I dress out to go home it's the first thing I put back on.

Now that sounds like a confession. I'll probably replace it eventually but I don't see it as particularly relevant in the infidelity equation.

I know I am married so it doesn't much matter who else knows.

It wasn't too crazy. It was right after my sister died, a lot of my friends still play in bands and offered to do a benefit show to help my parents pay for everything. They did it at some newer club in the area, I was drunk and emotional and me and a couple other guys moved around a little bit during a set. We didn't hurt anyone or anything, go crazy, any of that shit, but the club freaked out and called the cops (like an hour later at that). I was in no mood to deal their bullshit and after they hassled me for about 15 minutes I basically told the cop to let me go or take me to jail because I didn't do shit, he got physical so everyone at the club got pissed and started throwing beer bottles and chairs and shit. They called for a ton of backup like there was a gnarly riot, then tried to put all that on me when it was actually the cop's fault all of that happened. They could have just made me leave and I would have. It's embarrassing but fuck it, that's why I hate police and my sister would have been on my side. It's funny because the local newspaper put out a front page article the next morning about how our police force is bullshit and just makes every thing way worse than it should be. They tried to give me a felony charge but I fought it and only had to pay a small fine (and a lawyer bill). Those fuckers didn't give me back my wedding band and I'm pretty sure there was money missing from my wallet. I'm not the first or the last person to get bullied by the cops, as we are all aware of current events.

I think couples have no problem talking about how attractive famous/unattainable people are. There's no chance in hell I could hookup with my celebrity crush, so who cares? Things get out of control when a real world situation comes into play. If my significant other started talking about how sexy his co-worker is, it would get weird fast.

Confession which is off topic: I don't answer the phone. I just never do unless I know the person extremely well. Something about it just stresses me out and I have a mini meltdown. I also never answer the door... I hide.

Okay back on topic--The few times I was in a relationship, i never cared if he found someone else attractive. I rarely look around so I didn't say much. There are a few celebrity crushes that I have but that's never going to happen so it was no problem.