PO: The Appleseed Cast - Illumination Ritual

I'm sure we've talked about tests aren't really tests if more than a few copies exist simply because their sole purpose is quality control not collect-ability. Unfortunately, the collector in me doesn't have TAC tests and will splurge on this and TW Walsh LP because I hadn't bought it yet. 

I'm not surprised this has been discussed on here. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my TP in the mail today...seems to be a generic Graveface TP stenciled sleeve and not the specific Appleseed Cast one.  No number either.

It was discussed in a different thread. This is what Ryan said:

Yo!

Yeah, those weren't numbered.  Just the original batch was back in April. 

The not-so-interesting story is that the original original batch was lost in the mail on its way to me back in April and then discovered in NM.  I didn't get the original original batch back until a few months ago long after the original batch was sold out. 

Still awake?  Ha!

Also, I thought it just said we'd get a stencilled sleeve and not a TAC TP sleeve.

I emailed Ryan too. Here are some more specifics about the Black Friday sale tests:

The only tests that were numbered were the first 50 from back in April.  These were not over-runs as much as the manufacturing company being silly at the time.  So I was left with a few extras.  I suppose, if the first batch was numbered out of 50, your batch could be numbered out of 50-1?  Haha.

I had 22 'leftovers' with stenciled Schaff jackets so that's how many sold.  I have another 10 or so that will just sit here forever as I have no more neat jackets to pair them with

The first #50 were #'d, the rest were not. But I guess that puts the total # of tests either at 72 or 82 depending on how you figure.

I guess that would be where I'm at. 

Just received my test press today.  It's tough to be disappointed - especially since I received my Pixie stick - but at the time of purchase (Black Friday), I was under the impression that its sleeve would have the "Appleseed stencil", and not the generic Graveface art.  I also, mistakenly, assumed that it would be one of the numbered copies.  Obviously this is not the case, as Ryan clarified on the 8th.  That being said, I already own a copy of this album on black 180 gram wax.  With a proper sleeve.  And a label.  I have no use for a black copy /72.

If anyone would like to scoop it up off of me, I'll be selling it at the Black Friday sale price.  Hell, I'll knock off a few bucks and part with it for $26 PPD.  PM me if you're interested.

Just received my test press today.  It's tough to be disappointed - especially since I received my Pixie stick - but at the time of purchase (Black Friday), I was under the impression that its sleeve would have the "Appleseed stencil", and not the generic Graveface art.  I also, mistakenly, assumed that it would be one of the numbered copies.  Obviously this is not the case, as Ryan clarified on the 8th.  That being said, I already own a copy of this album on black 180 gram wax.  With a proper sleeve.  And a label.  I have no use for a black copy /72.

If anyone would like to scoop it up off of me, I'll be selling it at the Black Friday sale price.  Hell, I'll knock off a few bucks and part with it for $26 PPD.  PM me if you're interested.

Well, shit I should have waited on you to buy mine!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...