Joyful Noise Records Appreciation Thread (VIP,FLEXI,AWESOME)

Yeah, I laughed as if you were joking by complaining about something that 90% of all the threads have on here... someone gets a record from a preorder and it's warped.
Good luck on the replacement... I'm pretty sure if you get ahold of them soon enough they can replace it.

I'm really hoping a Son Lux lathe finds its way to the Stash soon!

"No Shade In The Shadow Of The Cross" is Sufjan Stevens' first single from his album Carrie and Lowell, released March 31 on Asthmatic Kitty Records. This is Sufjan's most intimate and personal material to date, and we are honored to play a small role in the release of this magical album.

This lathe-cut record will be the one and only physical release of the single, limited to 100 hand-made copies.

JNR169_Sufjan_LATHE.jpg

Copies will go on sale on Monday February 16, at 2pm Eastern Standard Time, and are available exclusively to VIP Members.

Grand Inquistor. First track from their yet to be announced new album. It's a CD on the inner ring and vinyl on the outer.

yeah it's crazy.   I never played one of these before.

I opened it and was like.  wait it's a CD?  then saw the adapter.

the vinyl part plays pretty lo-fi but a really cool thing (especially since it's part of the VIp thing and wasn't expecting it)

Surfer Blood have signed to Joyful Noise to release the followup to 2013's Pythons, which is called 1000 Palms. The album is out May 12. Hear the first track, "The Grand Inquisitor", below.

"The Grand Inquisitor" was quietly released to Joyful Noise VIP Members on 541 "Lathe-Cut CDs”, which double as 5" records that will play both on a turntable and a computer. (Find an instructional video on how to play it here.)

Find more info about Joyful Noise's VIP Membership here. Surfer Blood's track was their "mystery single" for February, and is not available for sale.

Read our 2013 interview with Surfer Blood.