Vinyl from band members

I ordered a dischord sweater from a site that I thought was not associated with dischord. Emailed to ask if I could exchange and Jeff Nelson emailed back, started a conversation saying "heard you guys got some snow this weekend!"

"Uhhhhhhh yes. We did." 

I couldn't help but thank him for existing. Super nice dude. 

Bought a Cursive CD off eBay years and years ago and it turned out to be from Bob Nanna. I think I geeked out in my positive feedback for him.

Recently, I bought a Quicksand 7-inch and it turned out it was being sold by the singer of Planes Mistaken For Stars. Came packaged very well.

It's fun on the label end of things, too: I've had dudes from Motion City Soundtrack and A Rocket To The Moon order records from me before. Kinda neat.

Bought a few items from Kenny from Moneen/Cunter. Bought 2 Cunter test presses. He also picked me up a Black Lungs ltd cd when he played with them, and wouldn't accept any money for it.

Kenny is the best dude ever. It's not record related, but few years back we drove 3 hours for the Rx bandits/moneen show with my friends, and we met Kenny in front of the venue and the second he found out we travelled that much he put us all (4of us) on the guestlist. It was a smart move from him, though, we spent 150 euros on moneen merch afterwards... :)

record related, I also got Between two unseens from Ray Harkins, also Hostage Calm did their own merch back in the day (I guess they still do), so that's another. and also Chris Teti wrote me thank note along the lines "IT's nice to know there is at least 1 My heart to joy fan in Hungary' packed with my Seasons in verse LP :)

Laura from Against Me!, after agreeing to play a benefit show for a friend of mine, asked me if i was missing any records for my collection... i offered to buy a s/t from her (as it was publicized that the band had kept most of them because they thought it sucked) she sent me that, and a yellow copy of the stop 7" for free, and wouldn't even let me pay for shipping.  Nicest band ever.

Laura from Against Me!, after agreeing to play a benefit show for a friend of mine, asked me if i was missing any records for my collection... i offered to buy a s/t from her (as it was publicized that the band had kept most of them because they thought it sucked) she sent me that, and a yellow copy of the stop 7" for free, and wouldn't even let me pay for shipping.  Nicest band ever.

Did you end up selling any of those RAR LPs after you stopped at 50something copies?

50? sheeeeeeeit.. i got closer to 100 i think at this point.. i've stopped buying them a few years ago... and have sold off a few doubles i ended up with in lots and whatnot.. but i still have all the originals

you have doubles of the glow in the dark variant? The guy who cuts my hair has been trying to find one for a while

^That's pretty cool.

I have bought CDs and tapes from band members but the only things on vinyl I have got from band members were the first Red Stars Theory album from James Bertram on discogs and a Parton Kooper Planetarium album from Clay Parton. Clay took a while to ship it out so he threw in an extra copy for my friend and a copy of his solo album as Eiafuawn. I'm a huge Duster/Valium Aggelein fan so I thought that was kind of cool.

Unrelated but I have also bought a couple Mogwai records from a guy who interned for Matador and did the stamping on the Mogwai/Bardo Pond tour 10". I thought that was fairly interesting.

When we saw the Slackers in 2011, my fiance painted a picture of Vic and he thought it was pretty cool so he gave her the Ska is Dead split with The Forthrights.  Also, bought The Bad Cards 7" and The Hall Trees 7" from Jay and Glen last time we saw them.  The Slackers have always been super nice everytime I've seen them.

Adam Turla mails out the Murder By Death merch. They sent me the wrong version of Magpie I offered to send it back in exchange for the right one. He just told me to keep it and he sent the right record out. Awesome peoples.

I've had an equally amazing experience with Adam from MBD.  I ordered the Limited Wooden Box and it was shipped with records inside which caused moderate damage.  Basically, one of the sides was just cracked so bad that I couldn't just glue it back together without it looking ugly.

I messaged them with a few pictures and they said they've had some complaints and were going to be making some more and would ship out ASAP. 

This is not vinyl related...but it is music related. About 10 years ago right after Dan started The Fold he was looking to get rid of some old Showoff stuff and I contacted him about the bands first release (only released on cassette) titled Around The Corner Fudge Is Made. He initially said he had no copies to get rid of but a couple days later he contacted me again. He ended up selling me one of his two personal copies. I have no interest in tape collecting whatsoever but I bought this just because it was the only way to hear the release.

Nice! Dan's a cool dude.  He sent me an unreleased track from The Fold awhile back.