Official OST and Film Score Thread

tDRr8uB.jpg

Utopia on yellow vinyl drops in Septmber, per this contest from Channel 4

http://www.channel4.com/play-win/utopia/utopia-soundtrack-competition/

One of the most critically acclaimed scores of 2013, the Utopia series 1 soundtrack will be available in September 2014 on DLP vinyl for the first time (and yellow vinyl at that). The score features instruments ranging from a rare Chilean trutruka recorded in Borough tube station to the percussion sounds of a rhino turd from Zimbabwe and has been specially mastered for this vinyl release.

I'm not normally a soundtrack guy, so I'm rather out of the loop. Couldn't find anything via a quick search on the board and Google, so I'll ask you guys. Is there a vinyl pressing of the Rango soundtrack? Or any rumors of one forthcoming?

I don't see it listed on Discogs, so I guess there isn't one (yet)?

http://www.discogs.com/Hans-Zimmer-Rango-Music-From-The-Motion-Picture/master/431154

tDRr8uB.jpg

Utopia on yellow vinyl drops in Septmber, per this contest from Channel 4

http://www.channel4.com/play-win/utopia/utopia-soundtrack-competition/

Great news again. Thanks for this. I'll be on the lookout for future info.

I need to slow down on my soundtrack purchases.. But Utopia is a must have

Fact not opinion.

I've never even heard of this "Utopia."  Am I missing out on a good show or does it just have a good soundtrack?

Yes to both.

It looks like Utopia will be coming out on Silva Screen records.

The vinyl may pop up here:

http://silvascreenmusic.greedbag.com/buy/utopia-original-television-sound-0/

Cheers!

Hmmm... I just can't believe I haven't even heard of it before.  I'll have to check it out.

Pretty sure it hasn't been broadcast in the states, and it's a cult show even in the UK. I've read it barely got high enough ratings to get renewed for a second season, so probably most people haven't heard of it. Can't recommend it highly enough, though. The story is like a crazy conspiracy thriller mixed with comic books and ultraviolence, the cinematography is (no exaggeration) the best on TV, and the soundtrack just underscores it all perfectly.

Pretty sure it hasn't been broadcast in the states, and it's a cult show even in the UK. I've read it barely got high enough ratings to get renewed for a second season, so probably most people haven't heard of it. Can't recommend it highly enough, though. The story is like a crazy conspiracy thriller mixed with comic books and ultraviolence, the cinematography is (no exaggeration) the best on TV, and the soundtrack just underscores it all perfectly.

Goddamn that sounds great!  Right up my alley too!

Couldn't have said it better. This show is my new favorite show/fascination, I can't get enough of it. Arby is my favorite.

HBO is going to be producing an American version of the show directed by David Fincher. I am so conflicted in my feelings on it because part of me thinks the show is perfect as is and doesn't want it tainted in any way and the other part of me desperately wants to see what Fincher could do with it since he's one of my favorite directors.

Didn't Fincher do the also completely unnecessary remake of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo? I agree completely about his ability, but Utopia is already an English language program. In brief, I don't want to see Fincher, or any great talent, remaking good work (especially current work) when they could use their considerable influence to purchase the rights present the work here in the US and their considerable talent to produce new, original work themselves.