As a new Vinyl collector: new vs. used

I'm a newb and I don't really understand the chastising of other newbs. This is a forum for vinyl people, why can't he ask for help without getting smartass responses (this is a rhetorical question as I understand the laws of the internet)

I think it's the fact that previous post/threads on this board should answer his question. If he just dug a little bit and read around on here he could easily find all the information he needs to make an educated guess on what to do.

- Without having to create an entire thread about it.

If that all seems too much just google: new vinyl vs old vinyl

It easily brings up a ton of articles on the subject.

I just started my vinyl collection and have 9 so far, 6 new 3 used.  I should start with a new vinyl or used first? and what will be the sound difference?

thanks

Like the (helpful) posts in this thread have said, it depends on a couple of things. For example, I've got some Queen original pressings that I bought because they were in good shape and they sound fantastic. I've got some re-issues that I bought brand new that sound great too. So unless it's something where the original version is notorious for sounding bad, then go for the lesser expensive one that it's in good shape.

I'm a newb and I don't really understand the chastising of other newbs. This is a forum for vinyl people, why can't he ask for help without getting smartass responses (this is a rhetorical question as I understand the laws of the internet)

because it's an irrelevant question. some people collect used records, some people collect new records. why should anyone tell this person what they should collect? surely this isn't a real question. 

But what's it matter? Leave the thread alone then if it's annoying question or whatever

No offense man. I've read your responses and I haven't seen you answer his question or help him at all. You're just complaining about treatment. If it bothers you so much answer his question nicely. Be the change you seek.

Buy new when you can afford to (pre-orders and such) and if you want the limited variants and all that noise. Buy used all other times.

Edit: Don't mind the smart asses around here, they have nothing better to do than flex their message board muscles around new people or something.