RSD 2013: Tell your stories and share what you bought here!

I went to 3 different Exclusive Companies and 2 other record stores.  I've been running around trying to get everything I wanted and my brother wanted but missed out on a few.

I got my brother an At the Drive In, but couldn't get one for myself.  Took me till the 5th store to find a Cave in for my bro too.  No Frank Turner which was one of my big wants, but honestly I hate 7" so I guess it's good that I missed it. 

It was worth getting in line 2 hours early.

I'll also say I'm shocked at how barren most of the stores I went to were.  The smallest store said he started the day with 6 boxes of RSD stuff and when I was there he had less than half a box.  About 5 of which were the Grouplove album.

I managed to pick up:

Their / They're / There - Their / They're / There

At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command

New Found Glory - Mania (red/yellow)

Alkaline Trio - My Shame Is True

This Town Needs Guns - 13.0.0.0.0

Portugal. The Man - The Majestic Majesty

All in all, I'm really happy with what I was able to find, between two stores.

My local store had plenty of ATDI and Now Now, If I can make it back tomorrow I can try to pick one of each up for people looking for them, but I'm not sure I can afford that right now, and I also work the worst hours and can never make it to the post office when they are open. But I'll give it a shot.

Went to Co-Op 87 for their midnight opening. I was probably 15th in line. They opened their doors and it was a madhouse. Managed to grab Superchunk $7, Fela Kuti $10, Bardo Pond $26, The Bats $15 and the Trouble Unlimited 7" comp $9.

Arrived at Permanent Records at 7:00AM and there were only three people in line. Scored Tame Impala, The Cure Kiss Me $32.99, Rough Guide Psych Brazil $18.99, Rough Guide Psych Latin $18.99, T/T/T $13.99, Phosphorescent LP, Rocky Erickson 7" $7.99, Bob Dylan "Wigwam" 7" and Eliott Smith 7".

Went to Academy next. There was no one there---walked in and out in about five minutes. Found: Ty Segall 7", Husker Du 2X7" (are they all pressed on white?), Gram Parsons 7"$9 Thee Oh Sees $19, Sacred Bones comp $15,  and Codeine $18.

Went to Earwax and waited for almost an hour - nothing on my list.

Sound Fix after that and nothing as well.

Record Grouch - Stephen Malkmus & Friends $25. 

Fortunately, I picked up a copy of Big Star last weekend because there were none to be found in Northern Brooklyn.

Also, I never found a copy of The Hold Steady.

Didn't get the the store too early but picked up my three wants (the store had a three item limit each time you go through the line)

Got the last of each (luck was on my side):

Cake - Sheep Go to Heaven ($8)

Straylight Run - prepare ep ($15)

Linkin Park - hybrid theory/10" ($28)

My girlfriend also picked up LP and Iron & Wine

I'll also say I'm shocked at how barren most of the stores I went to were.  The smallest store said he started the day with 6 boxes of RSD stuff and when I was there he had less than half a box.  About 5 of which were the Grouplove album.

Go back and pick me one up and I'll throw you some extra cash!

The main RSD-involved record store near me just shut down, but I went to the only other one within a 60 mile or so drive, and they barely had anything. I was mainly looking for T/T/T/ and I asked the owner about it, and he sighed and said if they'd gotten a copy of it at all, he'd be hoarding it. Oh well, picked up some old Beatles 7"s and a Pavement CD.

Go back and pick me one up and I'll throw you some extra cash!

The problem is the store with the 5 copies of Grouplove is an hour trip each way.  I can check my local store tomorrow to see if they have a copy.  I know they had 1 copy an hour or two ago when I made my second trip there.  Had to go back to check out the 75% off bins when it wasn't so crowded.

i did, wasn't planning on it but i saw it lying there and thought why not.

i'm not convinced the luther 7" exists. haven't seen one single mention of it all day.

I will also check for that tomorrow when I make another run.  I know I saw that sitting on the shelf when I left there.  It wasn't more than 1 or 2 copies but I know it was there.

The problem is the store with the 5 copies of Grouplove is an hour trip each way.  I can check my local store tomorrow to see if they have a copy.  I know they had 1 copy an hour or two ago when I made my second trip there.  Had to go back to check out the 75% off bins when it wasn't so crowded.

BillyA is actually going on the hunt in eastern PA looking for one for me tonight. If his mission falters, I'll PM you. I appreciate the consideration, regardless. 

Got everything I really wanted - the Tame Impala EP, the new Bowie 7", and the Joy Formidable 12". I couldn't find the Dan Deacon 7" but a friend of mine picked one up for me at another store so I'm happy. I would've liked the Pulp 12" and MGMT cassette as well but they weren't top priorities.

You are missing out. Their / They're / There. A supergroup of Evan Weiss (Into It. Over It.), Mike Kinsella (Owen, American Football, Cap'n Jazz), and Matthew Frank (Loose Lips Sink Ships).

i'm a pretty big fan of mikes stuff.

don't really care for the other two bands.

i'll still check it out, just for the sake of doing so.