RSD 2013: Tell your stories and share what you bought here!

Got to For The Record in Chattanooga at about 7:30 AM.  They gave us snacks, cookies, cake and juice while we waited in line and also brought out a TV and played "Last Shop Standing".  I was 7th in line, grabed the few things I wanted (White Stripes and RFTC - Group Sounds) and was the first to check out.  I'll definately be going there again next year, one of the best experiences I've had at RSD so far!

I was 15th in line at Vacation Vinyl and I got there at 8 AM, two hours before it opened. At around 9:15, they gave us slips of paper and had us write down the 5-6 records we really wanted. Then the employees took like 10 sheets at a time and boxed what they had in stock for us so when I went inside my choices were bagged and waiting for me. But they also left all the other RSD out on the floor that hadn't been claimed and they had a ton of stuff and it was awesome and handled really well. I'll be heading there again in 2014. In line at 8 AM and out by 10:30 with the stuff I wanted, not bad.

nice, gotta remember that for next year (then again hopefully I'm hosting my own rsd event) my dad and i got to fingerprints at about 530 and they opened at 6 probably like the 100th person in line.

this was Fingerprints at about 530

5b5f7b8ea9b711e2b3e122000a1f9a4f_7.jpg

Started the morning off with a purchase of 3 clearance LPs from SRC: The Movielife "This Time Next Year", Rufio "Perhaps I Suppose..." and The Juliana Theory "Understand This is a Dream", all for $21 shipped. Then went to Bionic Records in Cypress CA and grabbed:

Linkin Park "Hybrid Theory"

Deftones "Live Vol 1"

The White Stripes "Elephant"

Jimmy Eat World "Damage" 7"

Best Coast 7"

Touche Amore/Title Fight 7"

Overall a very nice RSD.

Dang, should have gone to bionic for that ta/tf split. how many did they have?

I got in line at midnight (cause im insane) the highlight of waiting in line was this extremely drunk girl was talking with me and a few others after she had left a diner that was next door, and then left. she was shit faced but pretty cool. anyways, about 9am she comes back and brings us donuts! WHAT?! she was awesome. also a lot of the people in the front of the line were VERY new collectors, but so cool. I felt weird/like a bad ass giving them advice on collecting and whatnot.

Local store opened at 11:00 a.m. and I got there about 10:15 a.m. Decent line of people waiting in line (especially for Spokane). Store did not get a lot of stuff but managed to get these.

Bayside - Live @ The Bayside Social Club $16.95

Manchester Orchestra/Group Love/Frightened Rabbit - Split $29.95 (Was astonished at this price, thought it was supposed to be $12-15 range)

Silverstein/August Burns Red - Four Minutes Being Cool $9.95

Straylight Run - Prepare to Be Wrong $16.95

Tegan and Sara - Closer Remixed $17.95

Went to my work as we were having 30% off all vinyl in store (Hastings) got:

Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman; Descension

Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

New Amsterdams - Outroduction

Tenacious D - Tenacious D

Then drove over to Idaho to a little shop to see what they have and got:

Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman; Descension Big Beige Demos

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Sacrilege 7" (Free)

Still looking for Title Fight/Touche Amore - Split, Their/They're/There, and Drive Picture Disc. Have a copy of Postal Service - Give Up Deluxe Edition on Black (Little upper right corner damage) for trade as well.

Brian

I went to Zia Records in Tempe, AZ around 6:45. I was 5th in line and the store opened at 9:00. As mentioned earlier an employee came out and asked the first 10 or so people in line their names and what they were there for. When we went into the store they had our selection behind the counter already pulled for us. The funny thing was, they asked for our selections but didn't tell us why. So I went in and was freaking out 'cos I could only find 2 of the records I wanted after the employee told me they had everything I wanted. Then as I went by the cash register another employee asked my name and handed me my records - I went from bummed to stoked in like .5 seconds. 

I got :

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Touche Amore/Title Fight - Split 7"
Atmosphere - Demosexual 7"
The Uncluded - Delicate Cycle 7"

Comeback Kid - Turn It Around (after a guy was kind enough to give it to me 'cos he "didn't really want it")

All in all a solid day. Once I get paid I'll probably check around some other stores for leftovers.