Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

is eBay the only way to get this one now?

I posted earlier that I should have an extra copy of this.

I ordered from Finders' Records in Bowling Green and one from ConneXtions.

I plan to open them both and keep any enclosed Test Pressings (which is not very likely, I agree) and then trade away the other copy.

No one has made an offer yet and I'm definitely not planning to sell the extra... I'd like to trade it out for equal value.

I'm more than happy to start trade talks with anyone, but until I have two copies in hand, I'll assume the worst could occur and I'd be getting one or worse yet, none.

I've said it several times in threads across here, but still really looking for one of these, so to those who decided to prevent others from getting one and ordered multiple boxes from multiple retailers, I am down for trading. Or cash and trade. or naked pictures of me, which sell for a very high premium on the electronic bay.

I was able to get one of the box sets by waiting in line at Luna in Indianapolis starting at 12:01 (7 hours and 59 min. in line at 38-41 degrees for most of the night).  However, I could see two copies through the window and was more than happy to wait in line for 8 hours to get Motorcade on vinyl (along with the rest -- but Motorcade is in my top 10 of all time).

I got the set... but there is a huge rough spot on Motorcade in Haze of Love as shown in this 5 second clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNwrNbr4c_M

I've reached out to the band, the management co, the record manufacturer, etc. with no response.

So the minute the email came out, I ordered another one (2:41 pm EST yesterday).  I'm on backorder hold.  That's right -- people who ordered after me have shipping notifications.  I was at my desk when the email arrived and ordered immediately, and I'm on hold.

Oh yeah, the jab in the gut that takes the cake?  They used my photo of Motorcade from Facebook pointing out the manufacturing error as promo for the box set in the direct sale email:  https://twitter.com/cjhelmreich/status/459433131540348928/photo/1

I guess the only thing to do is take sandpaper to the rough spot and see if I can smooth it out...

This has been a really frustrating process of highs and lows, that I hope ends somehow with a clean copy of Motorcade in my collection!

Apr 24, 2014 08:14:14 PDT

That's what time myself and most of the people here got our orders in. That's 11:14 EST. I don't think people who ordered after you are in any better position with their order status than you are. I hope you can get the Motorcade issue resolved though. Also interested to see how the sandpaper works out.

Sigh...check out this reply to FB post announcing more will be available...

"as a collector, if you purchased this believing it was an edition limited to 900 copies, isn't this a bit misleading?"

Unreal. Not like you'd actually want the set because of the music, regardless of how many were pressed.

"as a collector, if you purchased this believing it was an edition limited to 900 copies, isn't this a bit misleading?"

Unreal. Not like you'd actually want the set because of the music, regardless of how many were pressed.

Everyone just wants to feel special.  Especially Cake vinyl collectors.

Get over it. The times have changed nothing is really that limited anymore with everyone trying to collect vinyl these days.

The only reason I would be mad is if I waited in line over night for it and now it's this easy to get.