Cake Vinyl Boxset Coming Soon per RSD 7" sleeve

Which is ridiculous IMO. Don't want people to find it? Then don't put it online before you want to sell it.

This.  Noone else's fault that the link was leaked long before.  If they were really upset, they would cancel every single order before they sent out the email blast.  I think the fact that they aren't doing that tells you how about much they really care...

I actually checked out through PayPal and it said something like "Almost done... you will confirm your order back on the site" and I hit continue and it just said "Thanks for your order!"

Thought that was pretty sketchy.

Mine did the same. My credit card shows pending so hopefully its a good sign it should be all good.

Which is ridiculous IMO. Don't want people to find it? Then don't put it online before you want to sell it.

I just find it more ridiculous that in a time where the sharing of information and content is not frowned upon but downright encouraged, they really intended to keep this limited to an email mailing list. It's not some secretive thing where you have to be an exclusive member or superfan to belong, anyone can join. Hell, I joined two days ago and got the email just like somebody who registered for the list years ago. I just don't really see the difference between getting the link from that email or a message board.

Since I saw a few people talking about it, figured I'd post this again

I checked out as a guest and tried to create an account after the fact. It wouldn't let me because it says an account with my email address already exists. So I try to log in and do forgot password. It says it sent me an email with my password but never did. So I emailed them and asked to help me out. They responded in less than 5 minutes with my password. I logged in and my order info was all there. Mine also says ready to ship.

So long story short, if you checked out as a guest you can still create an account and track the info (with a little help).

I just find it more ridiculous that in a time where the sharing of information and content is not frowned upon but downright encouraged, they really intended to keep this limited to an email mailing list. It's not some secretive thing where you have to be an exclusive member or superfan to belong, anyone can join. Hell, I joined two days ago and got the email just like somebody who registered for the list years ago. I just don't really see the difference between getting the link from that email or a message board.

I'd say they are taking as whatever measures they can control in order to TRY to get this in the hands of fans, not profiteers.  

I'd say they are taking as whatever measures they can control in order to TRY to get this in the hands of fans, not profiteers.  

I would agree that they are trying, but frankly it isnt realistic.  Once something gets posted on the internet it might as well be assumed that it has been posted everywhere and its naive to think otherwise.  A better way to try and make sure this gets in the hands of fans is to just make a whole lot more presses of the set, enough to make flipping essentially not worth the effort.  Considering the popularity and the demand of a band like Cake, the amount of presses seems arbitrary to create manufactured scarcity

I just hope they reconsider and press more in the near future

at the bottom of the email they sent, it reads

"CONFIRMATION NOTICE: When you see the final pop-up store page thanking you for your order, that means you have confirmed the purchase. There is no need to email us confirming the order was received. Thank you for your patronage"

not sure if that makes everyone feel better, but it sounds like they are still being friendly when you email them.  i thought it was funny they added that to the email.