The Great Gatsby Soundtrack LP on Third Man

1. weight doesn't effect the sound of the record.

2. weight especially doesn't effect the sound of a picture disc. it is essentially two half pieces of clear vinyl glued together with printed paper inside. although picture discs feel real heavy, many times they have thinner grooves than regular weight records.

*affect

I couldn't resist, I'm bored.

1. weight doesn't effect the sound of the record.

2. weight especially doesn't effect the sound of a picture disc. it is essentially two half pieces of clear vinyl glued together with printed paper inside. although picture discs feel real heavy, many times they have thinner grooves than regular weight records.

thanks for an adult and informative response 

i was reluctant to listen to the soundtrack, because i wanted to see the movie first and have a better idea of its intention.

saturday night, the woman whom i tried to bed insisted that we liste; and as you can imagine, i obliged.

wasn't particularly fond of what i heard, and now that i've returned from the film, i understand why.

this is a deceivingly bad soundtrack only made worse by how poorly it was applied to the film. i'm not going to waste my time on 16 pages, but have we already covered how fucking terrible the movie is?

i was reluctant to listen to the soundtrack, because i wanted to see the movie first and have a better idea of its intention.

saturday night, the woman whom i tried to bed insisted that we liste; and as you can imagine, i obliged.

wasn't particularly fond of what i heard, and now that i've returned from the film, i understand why.

this is a deceivingly bad soundtrack only made worse by how poorly it was applied to the film. i'm not going to waste my time on 16 pages, but have we already covered how fucking terrible the movie is?

if you can get past the quirky style, its actually a pretty solid adaptation of the source material.

if you can get past the quirky style, its actually a pretty solid adaptation of the source material.

about 40 minutes in, i realized it was pretty much a live action disney cartoon. i thought once i was able to see it like that, i'd be able to enjoy it more.

but the acting was horrendous, and it was directed as if the viewer had no ability to comprehend anything without it being in big bold letters.

early on, gatsby said hello to a man who he referred to as commissioner. just a moment later, he turned to nick and said "that's the commissioner". this kind of mind-numbing blatantry never seemed to stop either.

and uuugggghhh toby maguire, you are shestheworst_zps7f4f3711.gif

i thought about walking out, but the only thing that kept me was the fact that i remember enjoying gatsby when i read it back in highschool, and i wanted to remember the story.

but it feels like a literal adaptation at times, and it doesn't give the viewer's intelligence ANY credit. along with the commissioner thing i mentioned earlier, there were two more parts that made me cringe-

"it seemed as if he was reaching for something" as gatsby literally reaches out.

the reveal of his mentor being the source of "ol' sport", where time was slowed down x10 to make sure you KNEW it was important.

it just felt like the entire movie was void of a single metaphor.

You couldn't tell beforehand by looking at the artist list? :D:lol:

jesus christ, now that i actually look at the track list, i can't imagine what i saw initially. maybe i was just fooled by no church in the wild being used in early promos?

When H to the Izzo came on during the drive over the bridge I laughed hysterically. I like a few of the songs on the soundtrack but honestly the rap was so out of place.

Oooooooh yeah. Sorry about that, you're totally right. I do think everything else was placed pretty well but I totally forgot about that til I read your post. Jesus, that was awful.

that 4.0 is a very generous score