Trading for the highest ebay values.

This huge influx of people trying to trade new, rare releases (ie, dude trying to trade RSD Drive OST for Juturna) for the highest ebay values in a ploy to avoid the negative stigma that comes with flipping. Just peddle your wares on the bay and stop wasting people's time. 

Stop. it Stop it. Stop it, b'. Stop it. 

will trade my ATDI for De-loused get at me peeps hurr durr

but yeah, this is an age old argument and maybe you could get away with it to noobs or other uninformed collectors, but most people here on VC would be smarter than to fall for that

Plus, if the new record you want to trade/flip is already going for 100 on ebay, why not just throw it on there and raise the funds for your white whale that way?

Guest Fredneck

will trade my ATDI for De-loused get at me peeps hurr durr

but yeah, this is an age old argument and maybe you could get away with it to noobs or other uninformed collectors, but most people here on VC would be smarter than to fall for that

Plus, if the new record you want to trade/flip is already going for 100 on ebay, why not just throw it on there and raise the funds for your white whale that way?

It makes perfect sense.

People go to the extreme in either way with this. For example, I was just offered 20ppd for a record that retailed for like $18+shipping AND a 7" I bought new for $15. I was also once offered $65 for an original press of Your Favorite Weapon. 

The other thing is people who value a record for what it is listed at, not what it sells for.

guys records have no "real" value over the music thats included on them. Its all how much you value the specifc record that matters,  i've traded way over the value of certain records to get something i really wanted, and i've been perplexed when people have offered me insane amounts of things for relatively new "hot" records.  Stop worrying about it.

Market value is market value no matter how old something is, which is just based on perception of need. If you don't like the trade offer, then shut it and cry in your blanket.

I just completed a trade that was a record that I paid $45 for and is worth a bit more for records that didn't cost the guy nearly as much. I wanted the records, we traded, we are both very happy. I don't see the problem here.

Im aware I'm new here, but we need to stop the flipping of RSD titles in the sell thread. Maybe a post limit to access the sale/trade thread so it reduces scamming and flippers. Just a thought don't take me seriously.

Good luck with that. Any ideas that include limiting abilities based on post count are immediately turned down.

i realize that the value of a record is subjective. i suppose it's just my outlook on this community that we are more informed/obsessed then the average record collector. flipping for profit by way of trading in this community seems almost insulting and an obvious ploy to take advantage. call it 'crying into a blanket' but this kind of behavior tingles my rage-feels. 

on that note, i am not interested in juturna or the Drive OST. and we all know the RSD Drive OST will diminish from its current worth when the other pressing is released. but, like i said, it's probably best to save it for ebay.