Touche Amore "Is Survived By" LP coming 09.24.13

This. So often everywhere fans feel as though their entitled to a new sound. If you want it so bad, go write your own songs. 

Then the second the band changes sound or does anything different they all rip it to shreds and ask why they sold out by writing songs for the people and not themselves or got away from their old sound. It's cool if people don't like it I just can't stand people who rip to shreds bands they apparently "like". They don't owe you shit. They can do what they want.

/steps off soap box

I've been reading all the comments for a day and finally listened to the song. First, I'm not getting all the La Dispute business (disclaimer: I think LD are the most overhyped band on VC).

I like this song but I'm not blown away by it. I loved Parting and To the Beat - but I loved both as albums. For me TA is an album band and not one that I run to for a single. I toss on their LPs frequently to play from start to finish. If this is indicative of the quality of the entire album then I think there is a shot that this is a great album that will build upon itself like their previous efforts did for me. It's wait and see for now. 

My two-cents. Sorry if you all missed that the PO went up 10 minutes ago. (I kid). 

I've been reading all the comments for a day and finally listened to the song. First, I'm not getting all the La Dispute business (disclaimer: I think LD are the most overhyped band on VC).

I like this song but I'm not blown away by it. I loved Parting and To the Beat - but I loved both as albums. For me TA is an album band and not one that I run to for a single. I toss on their LPs frequently to play from start to finish. If this is indicative of the quality of the entire album then I think there is a shot that this is a great album that will build upon itself like their previous efforts did for me. It's wait and see for now. 

My two-cents. Sorry if you all missed that the PO went up 10 minutes ago. (I kid). 

Dave I could not agree more about listening to the whole album. It's very rare that I listen to just one song of there's. I think thats one of the things that makes them special. People complain about how long the songs are but I love that I can put on POSBBAM and listen to the whole thing in 20 minutes.

Why haven't they messed around with different sounds yet? It's their third album. 

Even though I do suspect that I will love this album. I agree with this.

I'm not saying this in a 'ripping it to shreds' fashion, but I will give an example: La Dispute in "Wildlife" as compared to the previous recordings.

They matured SO MUCH as a band, and their music showed it. Also, they did it without departing from the original sound that made them La Dispute. It's my opinion, and I can live without seeing it. But I like to see a band progressing and exploring their musical options instead of just playing it safe and doing what they have always done. It's good to have consistency though. That's one plus.

But still..

This is just my opinion though. :)

I agree with TA being an album band. I'm sure the song is just a small part of something much bigger, and that it will all make more sense when we listen to the album as a whole. Might not be their best single when it's said and done, but probably a great complimentary song.

As far as Wildlife... I feel the opposite. I didn't see that album being nearly as cohesive as Somewhere at the Bottom. All of the songs were about 3-4 minutes and seemed more individualized. But they had some definite stand out singles in my mind like "the most beautiful bitter fruit" and "king park"

I agree with TA being an album band. I'm sure the song is just a small part of something much bigger, and that it will all make more sense when we listen to the album as a whole. Might not be their best single when it's said and done, but probably a great complimentary song.

As far as Wildlife... I feel the opposite. I didn't see that album being nearly as cohesive as Somewhere at the Bottom. All of the songs were about 3-4 minutes and seemed more individualized. But they had some definite stand out singles in my mind like "the most beautiful bitter fruit" and "king park"

Wildlife from concept to execution was the best album/concept since Alchemy Index... And I know I'm probably the only one in this thread that's gonna say this... But LD owns TA.... And also, if you have a problem with songs being 3-4 minutes in length, why are you listening to TA?

Wildlife from concept to execution was the best album/concept since Alchemy Index... And I know I'm probably the only one in this thread that's gonna say this... But LD owns TA.... And also, if you have a problem with songs being 3-4 minutes in length, why are you listening to TA?

woah dood, I have no problems. I love both bands.

I was just stating the difference of variance in track length from Somewhere at the Bottom to Wildlife. Wildlife may be better, it may be worse, that's your opinion, but it has more of your typical track lengths in that 3-5 minute range. Wildlife varies from 1 min to 12 minutes and the songs run into each other.

and TA is more like 2-3 minutes

I agree with this in its entirety. Maybe I don't know LD, but I know I don't care for them. TA makes good hardcore. It's simple and fast and the lyrics are thoughtful. Sometimes they get corny, but whatever. I am really stoked for this record. I, in fact, think this band continues to improve with age.

woah dood, I have no problems. I love both bands.

I was just stating the difference of variance in track length from Somewhere at the Bottom to Wildlife. Wildlife may be better, it may be worse, that's your opinion, but it has more of your typical track lengths in that 3-5 minute range. Wildlife varies from 1 min to 12 minutes and the songs run into each other.

and TA is more like 2-3 minutes

I have no problem with anything either band has ever put their hands on, guess I was just trying to state my love for Wildlife. I do believe this album is gonna rock cause I also believe TA has done nothing but progress as musicians as they've gotten older. But I will openly admit that it took me quite sometime to get around to TA. But since I have, I really have. Either way, holy shit they both put on amazing live shows

I have no problem with anything either band has ever put their hands on, guess I was just trying to state my love for Wildlife. I do believe this album is gonna rock cause I also believe TA has done nothing but progress as musicians as they've gotten older. But I will openly admit that it took me quite sometime to get around to TA. But since I have, I really have. Either way, holy shit they both put on amazing live shows

Wow this is exactly how it went for me. I love La Dispute and it took me a long time to get into TA but I listened to PTSBBAM about 3 times all the way through and it just clicked for me finally.

Maybe it was the crowd, but touche has put on a much better show than la dispute both times I've seen them. Not that la dispute wasn't good, they were great, but touche is absolutely insane live.