Handsome --- just saw this..never before on vinyl

Best thread currently going by a mile. 

Indeed. I have no dog in this race as I don't much care for this album.

What does have me interested is all the shit-talking and mud-slinging that has been going on non-stop so far. Mostly from 6131 & No Sleep of course.

And now we have band people like TA's Jeremy Bolm implying that the SRC version is bullshit as 6131 has been working with the band on this. Check his twitter.

This is providing me with entertainment, although I'm a Helmet fan I don't know Handsome.  Thinking I'll buy the SRC version if anything.  They have been doing great releases from Sony owned recordings.  And honest.  Just like the Hum situation, IDGAF about the band.  What's funny is no one would care if this was another CD reissue (which happens all the time without bands' consent).

No reason to bullshit

mb66as.jpg

Here's the message that PRCDC sent to me late last year after seeing my post about it in the Quicksand - Slip thread.

So SRC wasn't bullshitting, they did seek the license. And according to Peter himself, they knew prior that SRC grabbed the license (makes sense, he was posting and hinting about it on FB by asking if people wanted it on vinyl) and 6131 wasn't gonna follow up but DID end up getting the license as well. The band didn't disapprove (not that they could have), and 6131 is trying to pass this off as some illegal and unethical bootleg that the band had absolutely no idea of.

you are an idiot.

look up what "proceeding" means.

What are you trying to say? 

"Sean believed that 6131 were not proceeding" ..... so they were under the impression that they wouldn't be pressing it.

He is trying to say that 6131 are a bunch of d-bags and hes sorry for being one too in his last couple of posts.  I believe he is also up for a preorder for a life from SRC next week for all his copying and pasting!

This reads like the biggest self-serving/hype my new release "op ed" i've ever read. Sweet traffic generator bro! I don't see a single mention of Hot Topic in any of these back and forth posts.  They are the #1 perpetrators in all of this and nobody bats an eyelash. But homeboy sells a lot of records through Hot Topic, so let's not talk about them!  

This reads like the biggest self-serving/hype my new release "op ed" i've ever read. Sweet traffic generator bro! I don't see a single mention of Hot Topic in any of these back and forth posts.  They are the #1 perpetrators in all of this and nobody bats an eyelash. But homeboy sells a lot of records through Hot Topic, so let's not talk about them!  

I think we did more digging in this thread than he did in that entire article and it seems like a "boasting" piece. What about Hot Topic? How come no one mentions them? Oh yeah...... No Sleep.. Hot Topic... how silly of me.

So much this and this. I'm actually kind of amused at how transparent and defensive the piece is. It's another attempt to save face after (re)acting like angry savages all week. I love that somehow the band getting money for the the t-shirt makes their vinyl so much more noble. Good thing they made a great effort to make the shirt something worth buying/wearing. They're real innovators in apparel.

Still haven't got my refund. Fuck 6131.

Big surprise. This whole deal reeks of (at best) questionable decisions on both sides. I'm sick of talking about it. I'd rather discuss something positive like their best song. Here's my vote. "Quiet Liar" is great but it doesn't represent the album as a whole. This is a bootleg link because the band didn't approve it. Don't watch it if you're against that sort of thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V80Zy_PjkU0