PO: Nirvana - In Utero (3LP 20th Anniversary)

Here's the problem, and hopefully this can clear up some misunderstandings (or just make it worse), except for the album versions of Heart Shaped Box and All Apologies and the single version of Penny Royal Tea, They're ALL Albini mixes!!! So don't use "Albini mix" to describe the 2013 mix, because Albini also mixed the OP, the ORG, and the Anniversary, not to mention(especially because it lacks the Litt mixes of SHB and AA)the 320 and other standard Euro pressings.

That being said, the 2013 mix is also my current favorite, and Morfiend, considering the 3 pressings you have are just the 3 same mixes using different masterings, the 2013 mix is actually the most different and most worthy of having alongside an earlier original mix pressing.

I think if you take the album as a whole as an "albini mix" it's easier to chew.  Yes, the OP, ORG, and Anniversary (from 3-disc set) all have the same mix, which Albini had a hand in (most songs as you indicate).  The 2013 mix however, gave Albini complete freedom, and he revisited all the tracks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just found a copy of the ORG press of "In Utero" on their MerchNOW page. $30 shipped. Stoked! Can't wait to get it! 

Sometime soon I'll probably pick up the 2013 Mix as well. 

thanks for posting this! cant find a copy of the ORG press anywhere except ebay where they seem to be $35-$40

• 1 month later...

Hastings has the super deluxe box set in store where live.

Which store was this? Thinking may go with Amazon, still will be over $80 NZD to get it shipped here, jbhifi had it online for $70 but are out of stock... think $80 for this is pretty steep (even at triple vinyl).

Got it down a bit on amazon to around $72 NZD shipped, thats a better price... thanks everyone!