PO: Nirvana - In Utero (3LP 20th Anniversary)

I just listened to the my original clear press, ORG cream yellow press, and anniversary press back-to-back-to-back...

I thought anniversary sounded best. Clear vs ORG wasn't night and day but ORG was better IMO. Anniversary is significant improvement over original press I'd say.

I'd also say the Anniversary issue makes the German Back-to-Black w/ the 2 Albini mixes obsolete/unnecessary. I'll prob get rid of that one at some point.

• 1 month later...

so I've been playing this 2013 mix LP nonstop since last weekend and I think I'm starting to prefer it to the original. It takes an already nasty record and somehow makes it meaner and more intense. really nice job by Albini... if this had been what came out in 1993, it would have changed things as much as Nevermind did.

the harmonies in the chorus of Heart Shaped Box were always my favorite part of the song during the live performances (thanks to Pat Smear) and this new version brings them out wonderfully.

I agree that the 2013 mix is cool. I will prob listen to it the most now just b/c it gives the album a fresh and new take. 

Does anyone know which listing on Discogs is the 'mispress' w/ the original Albini mixes of Heart-Shaped Box and All Apologies? One of these days I am going to list it for sale if I can figure out which one it is.