Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

just wondering. you do know these things contain music on them, right?

Yep, and I'm thoroughly enjoying listening to my actual copy. I just overpaid for the other and wanted to get my money back. I feel like the only explanation for people freaking out ITT would be people thinking that I bought two copies intentionally - but I've stated multiple times that that isn't the case... so yeah. Sad :(

How could you?!?!?!?

sell at cost what you paid for it 3 years ago or go to hell!!!!!!

I know the sarcasm is abundant here, but I just wanted to clarify that there's a huge difference between selling a record you've had for three years, and selling a record you've had for three weeks.

I know the sarcasm is abundant here, but I just wanted to clarify that there's a huge difference between selling a record you've had for three years, and selling a record you've had for three weeks.

Yeah Yeah I know :P

but with the way things have been lately, it seems like people would be pretty hostile over even that

I hate to join to argument, but what's the difference? If he sold it when he bought 3 years ago for that much he's a worse - than - Hitler flipper. But if it sits on his shelf for 3 years and then sells it, it's more acceptable? Is aging a record a thing? It's worse to cash in on the immediate, and probably emphemeral, hype than horde and wait for the demand to go up? Man, people get so butthurt about other people making money. I'm more butthurt I didn't predict that a 3000 press run of a record wouldn't fetch triple digits down the line.

I hate to join to argument, but what's the difference? If he sold it when he bought 3 years ago for that much he's a worse - than - Hitler flipper. But if it sits on his shelf for 3 years and then sells it, it's more acceptable? Is aging a record a thing? It's worse to cash in on the immediate, and probably emphemeral, hype than horde and wait for the demand to go up? Man, people get so butthurt about other people making money. I'm more butthurt I didn't predict that a 3000 press run of a record wouldn't fetch triple digits down the line.

maybe for me it was the fact that he was begging for one on just about each page of this thread. and we all wanted him to get it, kinda like watching your kid ride a bike for the first time, we all were rooting for him.

flip what you what. WGAF. but to beg for one, sell it so quick and then mention repeatedly 'just glad when i got that money' is a turn-off.

maybe for me it was the fact that he was begging for one on just about each page of this thread. and we all wanted him to get it, kinda like watching your kid ride a bike for the first time, we all were rooting for him.

flip what you what. WGAF. but to beg for one, sell it so quick and then mention repeatedly 'just glad when i got that money' is a turn-off.

Do you not understand that I accidentally ended up with two copies? 

I feel like people refuse to read that line and just want to buy into hivemind to attack me. 

Speaking of Amazon, how high were those fees, Ry? Did we ever find out the reason for SRC's shady pricing there?

i ended up with about $138 on the deal. weak, but not really.

i went through this around page 27 or so- that when i bought this one, with almost every other, my intention was to own every one. as has been my intention with everything this band has released.

eventually, common sense kicked in, and i realized that it's ridiculous to have the same album in double digits. now i'm content to just own one copy of each pressing. i never imagined i'd be getting nearly $150 per copy after this repress... instead it's happened like 5 times. 

i get where kess was coming from when he said "why would i sell it to this place when people did nothing but rag on me?" 

except it was a few people who took part. and really, you asked for it.

but when someone like agua was continually without luck, it was a dick move not to help him out.

i dont buy that (pun intended).

but i heard you the first time.

we all have extras for friends or ended up with two copies. somehow. always.

but when someone like agua was continually without luck, it was a dick move not to help him out.

i guess thats why im bitter the most. not for the flip.

I hate to join to argument, but what's the difference? If he sold it when he bought 3 years ago for that much he's a worse - than - Hitler flipper. But if it sits on his shelf for 3 years and then sells it, it's more acceptable? Is aging a record a thing? It's worse to cash in on the immediate, and probably emphemeral, hype than horde and wait for the demand to go up?

The difference lies in intention, I'd say.  No flipper (that I know of) is going to buy an album to sit on for three years, and then attempt to sell for profit.  They're in it for the immediate satisfaction.  They want to make a quick buck by gouging someone who was less fortunate to obtain a copy for whatever reason, and they want a quick turnaround.  No one is going to "tie up" their money for three years.  A lot of records that fetch big bucks - Deja Entendu, for instance - were readily available for a long while before they sold out and became worth something.  I purchased my copy of it in 2007, and sold it in 2012 for a considerable profit.  It was a decision I had waffled over for quite a while, but it came down to me needing the money for bills (and records I enjoy more) than holding onto one record for nostalgia.  That's not flipping -- that's reluctantly selling a cherished record that was in supply, years ago, that happened to gain value over the years.

When Deja gets repressed - and assuming there's a rare variant that sells out in an hour - if I were to intentionally buy a copy to hold onto for a week, and then turn around to sell for quadruple the retail value... that is flipping.  The difference seems pretty clear to me.

Selling for a profit ≠ flipping.

My kid  accidentally took the scissors to his sisters bungee chair yesterday too. Yep.

I know we're razzing kess pretty hard, but I've read his story from start to finish... and if we're being honest, I definitely see how he ended up with two copies.  I truly believe he had zero intentions to hoard multiple red copies... but he obviously ended up with more than one.  That's hardly a crime, though.  Like a lot of folks have said, I just think he should've hooked up Agua (or someone else here at VC) instead of throwing it out on eBay for a profit.  I'm sure he could have gotten his money back and then some.

i ended up with about $138 on the deal. weak, but not really.

i went through this around page 27 or so- that when i bought this one, with almost every other, my intention was to own every one. as has been my intention with everything this band has released.

eventually, common sense kicked in, and i realized that it's ridiculous to have the same album in double digits. now i'm content to just own one copy of each pressing. i never imagined i'd be getting nearly $150 per copy after this repress... instead it's happened like 5 times.

i get where kess was coming from when he said "why would i sell it to this place when people did nothing but rag on me?"

except it was a few people who took part. and really, you asked for it.

And I PMed Agua about it, explaining why I didn't sell to him. Banquet had reds for 80 bucks, so if he didn't want to get it there, clearly he wasn't willing to spend 80.