Brand New - TDAGARIM repress in 11/4

futre

that would be one thing. but a second profile? that's just.. shit i don't even know what that is.

I made that second profile back when I started on this board. It wasn't made specifically to down vote you, it was made to tell people to stop crying, hence the name 'stopcrying'. It took 10 seconds out of my day to down vote you and get some amusement from your reactions.

I made that second profile back when I started on this board. It wasn't made specifically to down vote you, it was made to tell people to stop crying, hence the name 'stopcrying'. It took 10 seconds out of my day to down vote you and get some amusement from your reactions.

It says so much about you that you have to do something like that to get mild amusement out of someone's reaction. I don't really remember seeing Ryan say anything about downvotes before that one post a few pages back, so I don't know how amusing his reactions could be. Certainly not worth the effort.

Creating a new profile doesn't seem like it'd take a lot of time, sure.  But we all know that's not the issue here.  Constantly logging out and back in to double down-vote someone is a new low for VC behavior, in my books.  So congrats on that.  Aren't you almost in your 30s, natural?

You really tend to over think things. There was no logging in/out required. I use Google Chrome 90% of the time so I am always logged in. I don't think I've had to log in since the board moved from ProBoards. I use FireFox for a couple sites I visit as they don't show up well on Chrome so I had the StopCrying account logged in there. I created that account way back and used it on a few occasions similar to the "WhoCares" account that someone made. 

Also, I have seen you say some silly immature stuff and have many childish arguments with people here so I think it's funny that you're trying to use the age card. You take this place way too seriously, lighten up and have a laugh every once in a while 

It says so much about you that you have to do something like that to get mild amusement out of someone's reaction. I don't really remember seeing Ryan say anything about downvotes before that one post a few pages back, so I don't know how amusing his reactions could be. Certainly not worth the effort.

Actually he has mentioned the up/down vote system many, many times in the past and that's why I went and had some fun with it. The whole joke started when I went back and re-read some of the Oldies thread and I saw him post this gem:

would you rather me stick to insults like faggot? or nigger? oooo, how bout beaner? i always get a kick out of that one.

I didn't see that post back when he initially posted it. I saw he got a shit ton of down votes for that and it reminded me how much up/down votes mean to him so I made a fun game out of it. I thought everyone here knew that you can see who up/down votes a post so I thought he would figure out it was me right away but he didn't so I kept at it. Shit, I even up voted a few of my posts hoping he would figure out that it was me. 

So yeah, it's funny to see people get up in arms over something as meaningless as down votes on a message board. I got my laughs out of the whole thing but what sweetens the deal is that I'm posting in a Brand New thread. 

It's a little bit creepy that you did that much hoping to get Ryan's attention. 

And not to be all white knight, but uh, usually when Derek "argues" with people, he explains his point pretty thoroughly. There's a certain post that comes to mind when he was trying to educate someone on how some labels (Deathwish being the example that he used) will make limited variants to satisfy those who partake in "the hobby", but yet they also keep things in print so that people who just want a copy to listen to can get them without having to shell out to flippers on eBay. And you go so far as to imply that he says stupid immature things, clearly you don't get that those posts are usually in jest and they are usually to point out that an already stupid argument is going on. I don't know, that is what I have seen at least.

But yeah, nice try to look all anti-system. Maybe ShittyRambo or Juan will call your parents to let them know how rebellious you are. 

It's a little bit creepy that you did that much hoping to get Ryan's attention. 

And not to be all white knight, but uh, usually when Derek "argues" with people, he explains his point pretty thoroughly. There's a certain post that comes to mind when he was trying to educate someone on how some labels (Deathwish being the example that he used) will make limited variants to satisfy those who partake in "the hobby", but yet they also keep things in print so that people who just want a copy to listen to can get them without having to shell out to flippers on eBay. And you go so far as to imply that he says stupid immature things, clearly you don't get that those posts are usually in jest and they are usually to point out that an already stupid argument is going on. I don't know, that is what I have seen at least.

But yeah, nice try to look all anti-system. Maybe ShittyRambo or Juan will call your parents to let them know how rebellious you are. 

Creepy? To take 10 seconds (maybe 20 at the most) here and there to get a rise out of someone and a laugh. Right....super creepy. 

Anti-system?!?! Hahahaha, I don't see where you're coming from on that one.

Yes, Derek had legit arguments with some but there was plenty of silly immature crap as well so talk about pot calling the kettle black.

To sit there and think "oooo I wanna make him mad. maybe if I downvote his posts and upvote some of my own posts on the same secret troll account he'll figure out it was me" is kind of creepy. 

You knock posting in a Brand New thread, but you're the one who looks dumb for coming in, reading, posting and then still pretending to be above it. That's your failed attempt at being anti-system. You're like those token mall goth kids standing outside of the shopping mall smoking cigarettes and pretending they're badass. 

To sit there and think "oooo I wanna make him mad. maybe if I downvote his posts and upvote some of my own posts on the same secret troll account he'll figure out it was me" is kind of creepy. 

You knock posting in a Brand New thread, but you're the one who looks dumb for coming in, reading, posting and then still pretending to be above it. That's your failed attempt at being anti-system. You're like those token mall goth kids standing outside of the shopping mall smoking cigarettes and pretending they're badass. 

You're still not making much sense. Wasn't a secret "troll acount". I stated numerous times when this place was still on ProBoards that the StopCrying account was mine. Also, it was a joke and if he actually got mad at downvotes, then that really is sad. Learn to take a silly joke already.

Knocking Brand New being anti-system?? Haha, you're funny. 

Also, I have seen you say some silly immature stuff and have many childish arguments with people here so I think it's funny that you're trying to use the age card. You take this place way too seriously, lighten up and have a laugh every once in a while

I won't deny that I've had a few debates here on the boards, which - in hindsight - were perhaps a little long-winded and tedious.  But like Billy pointed out, I [personally] don't feel as if I go around looking to start shit or harass people.  I call out flippers, or weigh in on the whole vinyl pricing debate, etc.  I also give flack to a lot of newcomers while they're learning the ropes, but (usually) exchange private messages to ensure that I have no malicious intents.  Any "silly" or "immature" content I may post is done when it's the theme of the thread.  (Please visit this gem to get an idea of what I'd consider a joke of a discussion.)

Point at hand; I'm all about having a laugh once in a while.  Don't get me wrong about that.  But even if I did post ridiculous, "silly", age-inappropriate comments across the boards... I still don't think it's as immature as going out of your way to downvote.  I know that you clash heads with Ryan, but to give him that much attention really says a lot about what kind of effect he's got on you.  And I get that it only takes "10 seconds" or a couple of clicks or whatever, but it's the principle.

But either way.  I'm not here to argue or change how you use the boards.  Do what you've got to do.

I honestly don't remember a single time that natural and I clashed about anything.

The fact that saxonviolins is responsible for every 4th down vote doesn't surprise me, because I've made no attempt to mask how much I hate him.

And no, I've never made a big deal about the reputation system- except for the part where I was pissed off when they took it away.

And even though you've put in all that effort double time, news flash bro... I still have the highest reputation rank on the board. Suck it.

I won't deny that I've had a few debates here on the boards, which - in hindsight - were perhaps a little long-winded and tedious.  But like Billy pointed out, I [personally] don't feel as if I go around looking to start shit or harass people.  I call out flippers, or weigh in on the whole vinyl pricing debate, etc.  I also give flack to a lot of newcomers while they're learning the ropes, but (usually) exchange private messages to ensure that I have no malicious intents.  Any "silly" or "immature" content I may post is done when it's the theme of the thread.  (Please visit this gem to get an idea of what I'd consider a joke of a discussion.)

Point at hand; I'm all about having a laugh once in a while.  Don't get me wrong about that.  But even if I did post ridiculous, "silly", age-inappropriate comments across the boards... I still don't think it's as immature as going out of your way to downvote.  I know that you clash heads with Ryan, but to give him that much attention really says a lot about what kind of effect he's got on you.  And I get that it only takes "10 seconds" or a couple of clicks or whatever, but it's the principle.

But either way.  I'm not here to argue or change how you use the boards.  Do what you've got to do.

Actually no, I don't 'clash' with Ryan. As I've said over and over, it was a simple joke. Way to blow it out of proportion.