Temple Of The Dog S/T Boot and MOV REISSUE

Does your order confirmation give a product number? Each of those are different so I would think you'd be able to tell which one you're in for. When I noticed they had it available there was only 1 item for it and it was the purple one.

That's what I remember too apparently they are doing it first come first serve the rest get black. I got my shipping confirmation and it says purple wew!!

anyone else buy from Acoustic Sounds? My order shows the following

tempAMOV 956PUR

AMOV 956

one is the purple vinyl and one im assuming is black...also says back ordered. I'm going to be soo freaking pissed if I just spent that money and get black not purple.

I'm in the same boat... When I ordered, I was positive it was the purple version and I have a screenshot of that... But checking my email confirm closer, it shows the black code like you... And my order is now listed as back ordered to boot! I know the purple was up for preorder for at least a week after I ordered it so I'm pretty concerned that they over presold to folks. I'm going to be very pissed if they send black for the price they were charging.

I should have gone with Soundstage... D'oh!

I'm in the same boat... When I ordered, I was positive it was the purple version and I have a screenshot of that... But checking my email confirm closer, it shows the black code like you... And my order is now listed as back ordered to boot! I know the purple was up for preorder for at least a week after I ordered it so I'm pretty concerned that they over presold to folks. I'm going to be very pissed if they send black for the price they were charging.

I should have gone with Soundstage... D'oh!

Sorry guys, that really does suck.  I feel somewhat responsible because I'm the one that posted that they had it up for pre-order.  I hope you don't end up getting screwed on the deal.

It's cool Secrets!! I don't blame you. They clearly advertised the purple one for preorder and if that's not what I get, ill make them fix it.

I mostly get frustrated because these stores should only sell/preorder what they can fill. Some stores like Soundstage seem to get it... others still have systems in place that screw customers who preorder. I don't get it. The kick in the nuts is that shipping from Soundstage was free vs. $4 from ASounds and yet SS seems to be filling all their preorders. Sweet.

Acoustic Sounds had troubles with the MOV Faith No More preorders as well, but when they realized they had oversold or couldn't get the colored variants (I honestly don't remember which), they sent out emails to that effect. It was nice of them to let people know, but then it became a scramble to find this versions elsewhere after most everyone had pre-sold their copies out as well.

tempAMOV 956PUR

AMOV 956

one is the purple vinyl and one im assuming is black...also says back ordered. I'm going to be soo freaking pissed if I just spent that money and get black not purple.

I ordered from Acoustic Sounds, and they notified me that it has been shipped.

The order lists the catalog number:

AMOV 956PUR

And Qty Shipped Description is:

AMOV 956PUR

I was originally pissed, because I ordered two $5 records and a $.50 CD with the above, and clicked "Ship In Full," so I am not paying an extra $6 to mail out $10.50 worth of records first, and then shipping again for the Temple LP.

But that is exactly what those Boneheads did to me, even after CALLING them last week and complaining that they did not do what I selected on their website.

Acoustic Sounds told me, on the phone, that shipping for the Temple would then be "free," cause it was their website error. But, then they charged me the shipping again anyway.

I guess I should be happy that I am ahead, and may have been shipped the purple version...BUT, I will have to wait and see.

I sure hope you get it!

Listen? Does your question have something to do with the color of the vinyl? If not, I don't think it belongs in here...

But seriously, I'm waiting for mine to ship from amazon so can't help you.

Haha I just listened today. Nothing to compare it to (vinyl-wise) but it sounded nice and crisp (no distortion etc). Wish it was heavier on the bottom-end (insert joke here) but all in all it sounded good. Not blown away but not disappointed at all.

Off topic, but I am assuming the same crowd that is buying this is also into Alice in Chains.  How does the MOV reissue of AIC Unplugged sound?

IMO, I think it sounds really really good. I wish it came in a gatefold instead of 2LPs in one sleeve. But overall it's worth the  money.

Haha I just listened today. Nothing to compare it to (vinyl-wise) but it sounded nice and crisp (no distortion etc). Wish it was heavier on the bottom-end (insert joke here) but all in all it sounded good. Not blown away but not disappointed at all.

Haha, good one. I'll be buying it when the black is readily available so I'm glad to know it sounds great.

IMO, I think it sounds really really good. I wish it came in a gatefold instead of 2LPs in one sleeve. But overall it's worth the  money.

I agree with this. I wish it were a gatefold as well, but the sound of the LPs themselves as fantastic.

I don't have MOV Jar of Flies/Sap, but I have Unplugged and Dirt and Unplugged sounds the better of the 2.

of the MOV i have, the AIC ones are the only ones that I think sound any good. Probably why I still give them a chance. I have a couple Fatboy Slim and Manic Street Preachers MOV LPs and I think they sound like shit. 

tempAMOV 956PUR

AMOV 956

FYI: I contacted Acoustic Sounds to find out the deal since I'm in the exact same boat and they told me via email that they are out of the purple copies and that is why my order is listed as backordered. They said they don't expect to get any more or the purple and asked me if I wanted to cancel. Since they never contacted me first and I had to ask.. I got the feeling that they would have just shipped the black to me for the same price, which I find shady. Probably would have made me pay to ship it back. Plus they had the purple version available for pre-order for about a week after I ordered so... seriously dissappointed in them. And chasing a refund..

If you don't want the black, I'd reach out and see what they say to you. Maybe I'm the only fool they are screwing but I doubt it.

I myself am canceling and remembering to use Soundstage from now on.

I don't have MOV Jar of Flies/Sap, but I have Unplugged and Dirt and Unplugged sounds the better of the 2.

of the MOV i have, the AIC ones are the only ones that I think sound any good. Probably why I still give them a chance. I have a couple Fatboy Slim and Manic Street Preachers MOV LPs and I think they sound like shit. 

The repressing of RATM's self-titled debut is amazing, using the original EU metals which were cut from Bob Ludwig's all analogue tape mastering, MOVLP043. Definitely not to be confused with their pressing of the awful XX Vlado Meller mastering which is just loud and crap.

I ordered the black vinyl of Faith No More's Introduce Yourself and The Real Thing from Amazon UK shipped to USA and they sent me the limited yellow and EPIC green versions respectively for 14 pounds each, great deal and I've listened to both and they sound terrific. The other MOV titles I've ordered are Slowdive's "Just For A Day", Chris Whitley's "Living With the Law", Mother Love Bone purple, STP Core (black), TOTD purple (should have it this week), AiC's Unplugged (black), Dirt (orange) and JOF/SAP (orange/blue); the only one I haven't been impressed with is Alice in Chains' "Dirt" which is just too long for a single LP and they should have cut it over at least three sides like they're doing with Temple of the Dog.

For those in the US who want to save some money and don't care about colored vinyl, keep an eye on the Amazon marketplace for the black vinyl when you search for the catalogue title. I have found usually much better deals from there than Amazon US. Also consider ordering the black vinyl from Amazon UK, you never know when you're going to get the colored one at the black price. The FNM titles at just over 14 pounds each after VAT was removed + shipping worked out to around US$26/each. Score.

Granted Amazon US marketplace won't always be a better option, but right now for example STP's Purple (black vinyl) is $38.76 from Amazon and $20.38 (new + $3.99 shipping) in the marketplace, over $10 saved.