Temple Of The Dog S/T Boot and MOV REISSUE

I hate to go all crazybeats on everyone, but $45 for a barebones, digitally sourced 2xLP? (i never thought i'd say this, but) I'll pass. If I change my mind, which, let's be honest, is probably going to happen, i'll just keep an eye on some favorite Amazon sellers for a good price.

Great album, though. Wooden Jesus is my favorite. Maybe there will be a US press. The labels seem to be waking up to a degree.

I hate to go all crazybeats on everyone, but $45 for a barebones, digitally sourced 2xLP? (i never thought i'd say this, but) I'll pass. If I change my mind, which, let's be honest, is probably going to happen, i'll just keep an eye on some favorite Amazon sellers for a good price.

Great album, though. Wooden Jesus is my favorite. Maybe there will be a US press. The labels seem to be waking up to a degree.

hahahah, crazybeats... that dude is bananas.  I'm thinking the same thing.  This is going to be available at some point, from some source, purple or black, for almost half this price.  I'm going to hold off until that happens.  And if it doesn't, oh fucking well.

You will be waiting a long time. If someone can point me in the direction of the Mother Love Bone for half of original price I would be amazed. Stupidly slept on that one and not making that mistake here.

You mean this?  http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00C7CTYGK/

I don't know how much the average price for this title was at release date, but about 30 bucks shipped isn't very expensive.  This is the kind of price I'm looking to pay for this TOTD album.  I guess maybe it's not half price, so I should've said "a little discount" off of the $40+ these pre-orders are going for.

You will be waiting a long time. If someone can point me in the direction of the Mother Love Bone for half of original price I would be amazed. Stupidly slept on that one and not making that mistake here.

5,000 colored Temple of the Dog vs. 1,500 Mother Love Bone but your point still stands since Temple of the Dog will surely sell better.

I think he meant the colored version of Mother Love Bone can't be purchased for half the price.

right... yeah, that doesn't surprise me.  in my original post, i specifically said that i don't care if it ends up being on black.  I'm not a nut for colored vinyl.  It's cool and all, but it's not do or die for me.  i wonder if there's actually people that will refuse to get an album on black if they weren't able to get a colored copy.

right... yeah, that doesn't surprise me.  in my original post, i specifically said that i don't care if it ends up being on black.  I'm not a nut for colored vinyl.  It's cool and all, but it's not do or die for me.  i wonder if there's actually people that will refuse to get an album on black if they weren't able to get a colored copy.

I actually meant any color at half the original price. The original price was something like $35, so down to $30 isn't much of a savings. Especially because I could have bought the purple for $35 when I saw it.

I'm not arguing that this TOTD is a lot of money, but I have been looking for sooo long that it is still completely worth it for me. Now, let's just hope the sound is good.

I actually meant any color at half the original price. The original price was something like $35, so down to $30 isn't much of a savings. Especially because I could have bought the purple for $35 when I saw it.

I'm not arguing that this TOTD is a lot of money, but I have been looking for sooo long that it is still completely worth it for me. Now, let's just hope the sound is good.

Right, but the MLB was the last of the $35 color 2xLPs from MOV. Prices of MOV preorders, especially the limited color pressings jumped $10 after MLB. Even the STP- Purple single LP preorderd for $40 right after the MLB preorder came out.They can be found for cheap later, but you are rolling the dice for color. As one person suggested, I think 5000 is a lot and color will be available through some of the cheaper outlets at first. We'll see how it goes.

Considering the color preorders are already sold out just about everywhere I'll wait and hope I can get a slight savings on black later. I definitely want this, just hard to stomach these almost $50 releases. 

I did the same with the purple STP Purple and I've been very happy with my black copy of the dough I saved. I'll definitely be waiting for black on this as well.

In regards to the transfer source, I asked and just received this. "Hi David, Thanks for your mail. We received and used high res audio files (96 KHZ / 24 BIT) of the originalmaster. Best regards,Mark"

I'm still not sure if this is good or bad, but this was how the Mother Love bone release was transferred and I think that sounds pretty damn good. am I wrong?