PO: RIVAL SCHOOLS - UNITED BY FATE 2xLP

My SRC copy sounds fantastic. Strange.

While sharing opinions on this stuff can be valuable, people are often too quick to be persuaded or dissuaded.

I think it sounds fine. Not quite the revelation I hoped for, given that there was access to the master tape at some point. But, it has 5 extra tracks on it, and The Sweet is as good as anything on the album proper.

I just did a comparison between my SRC and OG and I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference in a blind listening test.

My SRC sounds fine and I have a good set up. Don't think I've heard any complaints til now. Also, wasn't Rival Schools going to do a follow up to Pedals?

After Ian left and they were getting their bearings as a 3 piece, there was a report that they started working with J. Robbins on a follow-up to Pedals, but I haven't heard anything else. Then again, there was also talk of a 2nd Walter Schreifels solo album and a teaser about something going on with Quicksand. Who knows if any of this stuff will see the light of day?

I just did a comparison between my SRC and OG and I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference in a blind listening test.

After Ian left and they were getting their bearings as a 3 piece, there was a report that they started working with J. Robbins on a follow-up to Pedals, but I haven't heard anything else. Then again, there was also talk of a 2nd Walter Schreifels solo album and a teaser about something going on with Quicksand. Who knows if any of this stuff will see the light of day?

If there's one things I've learned over the past two decades or so of being a Walter fan, dude has soooooo much unreleased/half-finished music it's insane. I think he is an absolutely amazing musician but he needs someone to push him to finish projects and release stuff, whether it's Moondog, Pearl Harbor, Memory Of A Free Festival, Worlds Fastest Car, etc. — I mean, just take a look at all of his bands:

http://hooligansforlife.com/projects.php

Every time I see a band moaning and groaning about a pressing not being "approved" by the band, I ask myself how stupid they must be. When you sign a record contract, and then record an album under said contract, you don't get a fucking say anymore. I wasn't particularly keen on my music being on Jersey Shore and shampoo commercials, but when my pen hit the paper, I lost the right to voice my opinion. It's just how it goes. Bitching and whining about it only makes me lose respect for the band.

this so much. I feel worse for indie bands that get in this pickle, via Victory or something of the like, but when you're on something as massive as Uni, you better realize that the content they're paying you to make is really going to be theirs and they can still make money off you as they please, long after you're done putting out material for the label.