Upcoming Hot Topic Releases

Plenty of people still buy CDs or smaller labels wouldn't bother having them manufactured. Not everyone is hip to collecting the vinyIz or completely converted to digital (i.e. their car stereos don't support iPods/whatever).

I sold a coworker my old turntable because he'd come in every week talking about all the CDs he bought so I was like "Bruh..."

He's had it for a couple of days and he's already sworn off CDs.

For those who have sworn off CD's. Do you buy digital or "find it" online? For me I see that the cost of CD's are usually the same as digital. I buy it. Rip it. And resell it and my digital copy is now about half the price.

I either use a download that comes with my record or pirate it. If it's a smaller band who isn't doing vinyl I grab a cd, but it's rare.

I'll occasionally buy CDs, mostly used from Half Price Books.

I either use a download that comes with my record or pirate it. If it's a smaller band who isn't doing vinyl I grab a cd, but it's rare.

And this. Most of the time, the smaller openers at shows only have CDs if anything so I'll grab those to help the band if I like 'em.

My best buy still has plenty of CDs target also.

Plenty of people still buy CDs or smaller labels wouldn't bother having them manufactured. Not everyone is hip to collecting the vinyIz or completely converted to digital (i.e. their car stereos don't support iPods/whatever).

Stores still have them obviously.  I also still see people rooting through the $5 dvd bin at walmart, but it's definitely not the norm anymore.  My local Best Buy has the music section shoved way off to the side.  I actually had to look for it.  It used to be front and center when you walked in the door.

For those who have sworn off CD's. Do you buy digital or "find it" online? For me I see that the cost of CD's are usually the same as digital. I buy it. Rip it. And resell it and my digital copy is now about half the price.

I base it purely off cost.  If it's cheaper to download than buy the cd I'll go that route.  I figured there probably isn't much of a market for re-selling cds at this point but perhaps I need to reconsider this based off your comment.  There's also the whole hassle involved to consider too...

Hey travis, wasn't hunchback of Notre Dame supposed to come out today?

Yup, already looking into it.

I just got an email from Shop Radio Cast that Death Of A Bachelor on vinyl is being released on April 1st. I'm hoping to the HT exclusive will also be up around then too!

Yea I was told the HT exclusive would be ready 4/1.