Do any of you actually listen to the music you buy?

Guest crazybeats

Guest crazybeats

Of course people follow this thread because my post is an open letter to this forum and naturally 99% of it has responded with gifs and insults and for some reason seem to hail from Texas and California but nonetheless that's beside the point.

This thread is insane for so many reasons and I barely read any of it.

I will say this:

I buy vinyl to listen to. Most people do, or at least that is one of the reasons they buy them. I don't really care if people are going to keep collecting variants of shitty pop-punk records, as long as it helps vinyl stay relevant. If only audiophiles and people with good systems bought records, it would become less and less profitable for labels to release it. If 500 kids owning 5000 brand new records helps to keep labels pressing stuff on vinyl, then i'm totally okay with it.

I usually make mine into chip bowls.  The fumes are probably toxic and stuff but these brand new, thrice, and coheed album bowls looks pretty rad with some kettle cooked chips in them. 

The most recent addition was a Social Network chip bowl that I used when I watched the film the other day.  It makes me feel more connected to what I am watching and or hearing. 

Of course people follow this thread because my post is an open letter to this forum and naturally 99% of it has responded with gifs and insults and for some reason seem to hail from Texas and California but nonetheless that's beside the point.

Texas and California are two great states, which produce a lot of entertainment and useful goods for the entire world including your country.

Texas and California are two great states, which produce a lot of entertainment and useful goods for the entire world including your country.

Do we even know where this butthurt troglodyte is posting from? Obviously a country that's facing a shortage of Preparation H, though I'm not sure if that really narrows it down.

Most labels I buy from offer pre-order special colored editions for the first /numberhere customers and for the same price as they would release later on.

Kid, listen, there will always be the die hard fans who will be first to everything. In film, believe it or not there are people who are part of a club of special screenings before the public gets to watch the movie, this is sort of the same idea with pre-order of vinyl.

Do I listen to the music I actually buy? Yes of course why not! Haha. I'm sure even if people are buying variants they have every mp3 from that album whether it be standard, bonus track or b-sides, the internet has given us the opportunity to be the ultimate collectors at this point. (Personally I don't understand the whole variant collection thing, but that's over my head, it doesn't concern me really, it's definitely not something to get stressed over about.)

Collecting anything, records, baseball cards, buttons, posters, clothes, cars, photographs, anything! Is an art form, and it's highly subjective. I believe you are young and trying to figure things out, and how the world works, the truth is in the end nothing matters and it's all noise in this gigantic universe so let people be themselves. You're not going to change the minds of collectors and their reasonings unless they ask your opinion. 

At any rate, I didn't mark you a negative stamp, and I don't think passing judgement onto you would be healthy for VC forum (God those are awful, it brings about this "mob-like-mentality") I hope you figured some stuff out!  :)

Do we even know where this butthurt troglodyte is posting from? Obviously a country that's facing a shortage of Preparation H, though I'm not sure if that really narrows it down.

From the Killers thread:

Dude's a Brit.

Managed to find a picture of him too:

hughl.jpg