Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

I've only given Kokomo one casual listen in my life. Didn't grab me right away but I'll revisit.

I did just drop some fat coin on the new Obsidian Kingdom PO. Unsure if anyone's listened to them, but their first album "Mantis" was this epic post-metal/black metal opera-esque album. I haven't brought them up here because there are a bunch of vocals (clean & screams/growls), but those into heavier post-metal stuff should check them out.

obsidiankingdom.bandcamp.com

Kokomo are fantastic! One of the best post-rock bands in Europe I'd say.

As for Obsidian Kingdom, they are great! I just recently revisited their first album and I'm surprised I didn't pay much attention to it before. So different, so good!

I've been eyeballing that Euryale (members of Kokomo and Terraformer) release on vinyl for a while now.  I need to go ahead and pick that thing up.  It's such a good EP. 

Also, what do ya'll think of Alpha Male Tea Party? Droids might be one of my favorite releases from 2014.  They remind me a little bit of And So I Watch You From Afar with some heavier riffs and also more ambient parts.   

i emailed both Dunk! and I.Corrupt... for prices.

Dunk is still discussing prices with the band.

Corrupt is $115 for 5 people... which is about $23 per person to me, then shipping from here is $27 total.

no answers on who has what and what run is where.

Sounds good. Once we see the release we can decide I'm sure. Down for shooting over $27 to you whenever it's time :)

Relistening to Kokomo's S/T right now.  I'm gonna pass on the new one.  These guys are a bit to dreary for me.

But has anyone else noticed how much the end of "Ein Dachs Hat Zweifel" sounds like "The Raven"?  That had to be somewhat intentional, right?  Sounds pretty badass at the end of that song haha.

I'm drooling. Really curious what the variants are going to be. I'm hoping for a transparent color in color. Fingers crossed, guys.

And I can fuck with $23 for some dark Kokomo. That's really exciting.

Glad you're in on this, Brian. Same with Shels. Your post rock collection is taking off.

if we get six its like $19.

$23-24 ppd

I'm drooling. Really curious what the variants are going to be. I'm hoping for a transparent color in color. Fingers crossed, guys.

And I can fuck with $23 for some dark Kokomo. That's really exciting.

Glad you're in on this, Brian. Same with Shels. Your post rock collection is taking off.

Also hoping for a color in color. Some sweet blobby goodness.

• jhulud locked this topic