Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

I feel like such an oddball here.  I just can't get into Kokomo.  I've listened to If Wolves and S/T twice the last two days.  Just isn't clicking with me, at all.

I'll give the new one a listen once out though, and hopefully I don't regret anything!

I'll pimp Obsidian Kingdom one more time though.  Everyone should give them a listen!  Probably won't be everyone's cup of tea, because it's literally one long song divided up into 14 "pieces", but there is some damn good post/black metal there.  One of the more unique releases I've listened to.  

Now to divert to other topics, I'm super hyped for the new Russian Circles.  Can't wait to hear the recorded version of Calla.  That song is a fucking monster.  Hearing it live was awesome.  Anyone on IG should follow @russiancircfan.  That account reposts lots of video clips from other users, and you can at least hear snippets of Calla in some of those.

I feel like such an oddball here.  I just can't get into Kokomo.  I've listened to If Wolves and S/T twice the last two days.  Just isn't clicking with me, at all.

Believe it or not, for the most part I'm with you here. I can't get into S/T at all, and there are only a few tracks on If Wolves that really stick with me. I'm banking on that awesome teaser and the promise of "darker" material, because I think it's the lack of depth that I haven't been able to latch on to.

Also, who remembers these guys?

I've been really getting back into this album over the past few days. So much so that, if I had to do my top 15 albums list all over again, this would've been on there for sure. FFO: Not to Reason Why, Caspian, Audrey Fall

Also, dude.... IV by Toundra is AMAZING. Good lord, this is awesome stuff.

Also, you ever notice that sometimes when you buy an expensive white whale album, then more copies start flooding the market?

I picked up PG.Lost's "It's Not Me, It's You!" like a month ago, and ever since then there's been at least 2 other copies float out on Discogs, for slightly cheaper.

One is still up now for $55 Euros. All told I paid $80 including registered shipping for mine.

Not sure this album is worth THAT much money, music-wise, but I'm glad I have it. I think I'm feeling like "Key" is the better record out of their 3.

"Sirens" on vinyl though... that was a trip. That side came out verrrrry nice.

I'll pimp Obsidian Kingdom one more time though.  Everyone should give them a listen!  Probably won't be everyone's cup of tea, because it's literally one long song divided up into 14 "pieces", but there is some damn good post/black metal there.  One of the more unique releases I've listened to.  

Thanks for mentioning this again! I'd never heard of them before and I'm listening now. This is pretty great. Literally traversing nearly every genre of metal in the 15 minutes I've heard thus far, and rather seamlessly as well.

I've officially made a thread name change.  I don't want the "instrumental" word making us feel limited to non-vocal bands anymore.  Plus, I think we've all thrown that out the window lately anyways.  So screw it.  IT'S GONE.

I officially change my top 15 to Sigur Ros Aegetis Byrjun, (  ) and  Takk :), but if forced to pick one, ( ) would be it. Gateway drug to this addiction.

• jhulud locked this topic