Something terrible has happened

They should have stolen a good record. 

But really - that stinks. I remember when I went to College my folks were always allowing an open door policy to all my little brothers friends. One day one of the stole all my baseball cards and sold them to various area dealers. The cards I didn't care much for but in there were five cards autographed by Mickey Mantle. My Dad used to take me to meet Mantle at every chance we had and a couple of those were from a dinner where Mantle and my Dad were both honored. Anyway, I was hurt. The police caught them and recovered two cards. I've had them in a box in their police evidence bag since too bummed to reply the disappointment of these kids I used to drive to punk shows ripping me off.

I hope you get it back. Better yet, I hope it's a joke being played. 

I really hope one of my kids is just pissed off at me. I came home the other day, and they all told me someone stole my laptop, so they have it in them. This would be the trick to get back at me. One time  my daughter came in screaming hysterically that my other daughter just got hit by a car, so they have a fucked up sense of what's funny and what's not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEdVvGEYXHk

This is all I think of when I read this.

On the real though, this is worse than the time my ex sold all of my autographed John Elway stuff. At least I knew he was a dick, so it wasn't that surprising. My house is the house that everyone goes to. I take in all the kids that have nowhere else to go. It could be anyone, I just don't get why people are so shitty to the ones who treat them the best.

This thread reminds me of my ex trying to steal my copy if Deja (and a handful of less valuable records). Had to threaten small claims court to get em back.

Hope you were able to replace some of your Elway stuff

Someone stole my black/blue copy of devil and god.

All my records were in the general hangout area in the basement, and I'm pretty certain one of my brothers friends took it.

However, earlier in the year, my copy of stay what you are completely vanished and then just reappeared a couple weeks after I noticed. So I'm wondering if it was returned after I made a stink about it.

How old are your kids alleged friends? I'm wondering how would they know how worthy a record is.

They are teenagers, but sometimes I share tmi I suppose. If any of them show interest, I unwittingly blab away. I get excited when they ask about my vinyl, and I tell the whole history and show them how to properly handle it and such. Even though it didn't end badly, I will still be more cautious in the future. Just the thought that somebody would have stolen it is enough to put my guard up. I'm really glad it wasn't one of their friends. I like my door open to everybody. It's also great that I don't have to worry where my daughter is or what she's up to, because they are all at my house most of the time.

Someone stole my black/blue copy of devil and god.

All my records were in the general hangout area in the basement, and I'm pretty certain one of my brothers friends took it.

However, earlier in the year, my copy of stay what you are completely vanished and then just reappeared a couple weeks after I noticed. So I'm wondering if it was returned after I made a stink about it.

How long since TDAG went missing? Maybe the same thing will happen that happened with SWYA and it will magically reappear.

One time I had a small group of friends/co-workers over at my old place (We never really had people over) and one of the girls wanted to bring her boyfriend and made a point to ask beforehand, which I thought was cool of her. He was the one guy I didn't know personally, but he seemed nice enough when they got there although mostly quiet and a little awkward. He ended up in the bathroom for literally like 20 mins and my roommate (stupidly) had his iPod on the dock in there, he pretty much always kept it in there for showers and didn't think to remove it before the get together.

The next day of course the iPod is missing and I was dead certain it was this guy. We all were. He was acting even weirder after he came out of the bathroom. I went through his gf, my direct coworker, and told her not in an accusing way but that me and my roommates were all pretty sure it was him and that all we wanted was the iPod back cause it was pretty fucked up to take it after letting him in our house and sharing beer, bud, etc.

She said that he said he didn't do it when confronted but she did make a point that he was acting weird the rest of the night even after they left. I had no choice but sent a Facebook message to him, more or less saying I knew it was him and threatening him to give the iPod back or else some shit was gonna have to go down. I wouldn't even tell the gf about it if he did... Two days later we go outside to smoke and the iPod was sitting on the front porch. Never heard from him again and kind of avoided talking to the chick the rest of the year.

tl;dr - People fucking suck.

How long since TDAG went missing? Maybe the same thing will happen that happened with SWYA and it will magically reappear.

I only noticed a few weeks ago, but I really have no idea. With all those copies, and I'm sure whoever took it was banking on this, wasn't easy to notice its absence.

The problem is that I moved out.. So if it was one of his friends, it's not like he can just slyly put it back.