Local HT had one copy left this morning. The manager was super cool and held it for me. I now own a perfect copy of The Tom mark and travis show. Very happy. Wonder what they'll do with the perfect vinyl but jacked cover copy I gave them?

They may re-sell it at a steep discount in a few months and make one vinyl collector who missed out very happy. I bought a copy of the Minor Threat S/T 12" for just a couple bucks there, and I think the low-low price was due to some damage to the sleeve.

Of course, that's just speculation on my end. Travis or even Paramore Maniac Zay Zay would know more about what they do with superficially damaged stock. ;^)

I noticed that I have been posting here and not talking about blink all that much... I am waiting for EOTS, not too interested in picking up the other stuff (that and I can only afford to try to be a completist for one band). I might get the Greatest Hits 2xLP as well.

They may re-sell it at a steep discount in a few months and make one vinyl collector who missed out very happy. 

I bought Box Car Racer's album on red vinyl this past October at a hot topic in Nashville! Don't know how or why it was there, but it was still in shrink wrap and in perfect condition.

Now I see why everybody complains about HT pressing vinyl. Just received mine today and the one corner is completely jacked. Like near ripping. So annoyed. The pixelation is highly noticeable for me too. Sucks  :(

The jacket was probably damaged in transit to you once it left HT. That happens all the time, it's not something that only happens when HT ships people records.

It seems like when I have bigger orders it's packed better (bigger box) and I have better luck as the corner of the box won't crush, so I try and wait till there are a few releases so I can order more than one item but sometimes I miss out because of that.

but yes it's true for all retailers. I've had corner dings from many places I order from

*ill add it doesn't happen often, but when it does it's not just hot topic and I don't think they'd pack a damaged record

I've noticed the same thing matt... I've never had damaged orders from HT (knock on wood) but I always order at least 2-3 LP's when ordering from them. Their packaging varies from excellent (thick bubble-wrapped sleeve w/ my Meteora & Blink S/T orders) to standard mailers w/ a cardboard insert but so far so good from them. I'm a little nervous about my NOFX: PID that's on its way being the 1st time I've ordered a single LP from HT.

Honestly I can only think of 3 times I've bought new records and there was damage.

Two were from Germany to get two different variants of a record and I was told a lot got damaged, it was a record company that bough out part of another and the older one still had leftover stock so both were essentially from the record company. One of them have me a couple free LPs.

The other was not hot topic and was when I was trying to catch up on missing a bunch of not rare pressings and he while boxes corner was crushed. But that was a bigger order so sucked.

Maybe. Sucks either way because I've never really received any that were damaged before. It's all good. At least the discs play!

Thanks for all the updates on forthcoming releases, Travis.

If you haven't ever received a damaged corner you can still count your online purchases on one hand.

Can you guys really tell if someone smokes. That seems far fetched to me but then again I smoke so I am way used to the smell

Absolutely. It stinks like a smokers home. I don't smoke, but can tell when someone does. I got something on these boards from someone that stunk like smoke. I didn't complain about it because it was a good deal and I was gifting it to my brother who smokes so I doubt he noticed.

Yeah, one time I got this record where the jacket, poly sleeve and packaging all reeked like cigarettes. About an hour after airing the jacket out and replacing the sleeve and tossing the cardboard package my roommate came home and asked if I had been smoking in my room. Shit is pungent.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but i've been following it for a while as i'm from the UK and none of my friends are really big vinyl collectors or particularly big fans of the music i'm in to so I wanna thank you for keeping me in the know about the splatter series!

Are there any UK members who ordered MT&TS? and also have you received it?

When did it start shipping also? i've never ordered from Hot Topic before, but ordered from Shop Radio Cast and HMNiM and they seemed to arrive within a week! i ordered it 12th march so hopefully i should be expecting it in the next couple of days.

Did anyone get the latest modlife gold package with WDNTW? i'm not gonna lie i'm mega excited about getting that!

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but i've been following it for a while as i'm from the UK and none of my friends are really big vinyl collectors or particularly big fans of the music i'm in to so I wanna thank you for keeping me in the know about the splatter series!

Are there any UK members who ordered MT&TS? and also have you received it?

When did it start shipping also? i've never ordered from Hot Topic before, but ordered from Shop Radio Cast and HMNiM and they seemed to arrive within a week! i ordered it 12th march so hopefully i should be expecting it in the next couple of days.

Did anyone get the latest modlife gold package with WDNTW? i'm not gonna lie i'm mega excited about getting that!

I ordered the midlife gold! I'm so stoked to receive it, they're still accepting orders. Today is the deadline. I just helped out a UK member. bobby with getting his TMTATS copy. I personally love mine