I could have got a bad egg, not all copies are created equal in this format after all. It's only noticeable in a couple spots on the B and C side and it doesn't overpower the music, its not a warp or off-center or a "no-fill" issue, but with splatter variants my understanding is a machine can't form the pellets and it has to be done by hand, where there is a chance whoever doing it can introduce oils and dirt from their hands into the record and no amount of cleaning is going to take that surface noise out. Just my bullshit theory. I hear this is the only real negative to the sound quality of splatter, color in color, half/half, starburst and possibly marbled is you can't just have a machine do it and take out the variable of introducing oils/dirt into the pressing

Is the new pressing of EOTS gong to have the same "edit" in what's my age again?

I'm the first splatter pressing instead of "the state looks down on sodemy", it is edited to "the state looks down on the tv"

I hated this about that pressing.

Travis mentioned before that he requested corrected stampers for the repress.

Yeah, I woke up randomly at 6:30 am, went out to have a cigarette, saw the thread for a record I've been waiting three years to get reissued bumped to the top of the page. I wasn't the only one annoyed, homie. I can assure you that.

Talking about Jack's Mannequin? Believe me, I was pissed too.

Talking about Jack's Mannequin? Believe me, I was pissed too.

Yes.

If it helps at all, Andrew tweeted that the repress will be out in October, preorder in September.  Though for all I know it was one of you guys that tweeted him asking after getting pissed seeing that thread bumped.  :)

https://twitter.com/andrewmcmahon/status/628590298407374852

If it helps at all, Andrew tweeted that the repress will be out in October, preorder in September.  Though for all I know it was one of you guys that tweeted him asking after getting pissed seeing that thread bumped.  :)

While I would've loved an anniversary release date (it came out on my birthday!) the fact that we're hearing about it is awesome. Thanks!

If it helps at all, Andrew tweeted that the repress will be out in October, preorder in September. Though for all I know it was one of you guys that tweeted him asking after getting pissed seeing that thread bumped. :)

He better not be pulling on my goddamn heartstrings. I'm ready!!

"And today was a day just like any other"

No, today I'm getting my Achilles' tendon tattooed. Not your typical Tuesday haha

That was the first Andrew song I heard that I liked, and it made me go back and listen to SoCo again. I was such a stuck up punk kid in the early 00s, being 14-16 and fucking hating Drive-Thru bands.

• 4 weeks later...