Just wanna start this off by saying I'm no audiophile by any means but I'm pretty sure my White SRC version of TOYPAJ sounds way better than the splatter.. I only compared Stay Together For The Kids because of the dynamics. Once it gets heavier/louder the cymbals sound like doo-doo. Very distorted. Maybe my ears are playing tricks on me? But I've switched back and forth about 4 times now and SRC sounds way better in that aspect. If anyone else has others to compare that would be helpful

The last few pages of hateful comments about this new TYOPAJ release that Travis hand-pressed himself sicken me.  The man works hard for us and he does this out of his love for music and this is how you talk about this release?

Just wanna start this off by saying I'm no audiophile by any means but I'm pretty sure my White SRC version of TOYPAJ sounds way better than the splatter.. I only compared Stay Together For The Kids because of the dynamics. Once it gets heavier/louder the cymbals sound like doo-doo. Very distorted. Maybe my ears are playing tricks on me? But I've switched back and forth about 4 times now and SRC sounds way better in that aspect. If anyone else has others to compare that would be helpful

My response to this is: SRC sound quality wins over Hot Topic almost every time.

However, SRC can't compete with the way the HT presses look by any means.

I could not care less how my Blink 182 records look.  I don't buy them to hang them on the wall or show them off.  This newer trend of looks being the most important thing started about 5-7 years ago on this forum and it needs to stop, like, yesterday.  All that truly matters is whether the record tastes clean and clear, with that fresh and waxy flavor, and gives your teeth that "missing a tooth" look that 12 year olds do in the school production of The Tempest.

I could not care less how my Blink 182 records look. I don't buy them to hang them on the wall or show them off. This newer trend of looks being the most important thing started about 5-7 years ago on this forum and it needs to stop, like, yesterday. All that truly matters is whether the record tastes clean and clear, with that fresh and waxy flavor, and gives your teeth that "missing a tooth" look that 12 year olds do in the school production of The Tempest.

This post got better

I ordered the minute these were available on the website and had them ship to store. I just now received an e-mail that it has shipped, however it's been listed as shipped on the website since the 16th. Odd, but as long as I do eventually get my records I'll be fine.

So the consensus here seems to be that this splatter TOYPAJ does not sound as good as the SRC release. I passed on TOYPAJ and just ordered Untitled and Neighborhoods, how do those pressings sound compared to their non-splatter counterparts courtesy of Mightier Than Sword and DGC, respectively?

I ordered the minute these were available on the website and had them ship to store. I just now received an e-mail that it has shipped, however it's been listed as shipped on the website since the 16th. Odd, but as long as I do eventually get my records I'll be fine.

So the consensus here seems to be that this splatter TOYPAJ does not sound as good as the SRC release. I passed on TOYPAJ and just ordered Untitled and Neighborhoods, how do those pressings sound compared to their non-splatter counterparts courtesy of Mightier Than Sword and DGC, respectively?

I don't currently have any press of neighborhoods, however I do have untitled on splatter and it sounds pretty damn good