Word nah I haven't cleaned it. Only used a brush. I'll give it a clean later but after seeing how a vpi machine works, I need one of those. I bought a used smiths album (it was a reissue) and it sounded like garbage even though it looked fine, I cleaned it with a microfiber towel and some spray I picked up at a shop. It did nothing, brought it back to the dude who sold it to me, he put it on the vpi machine and it plays flawlessly.

I keep talking up the KAB EV-1 machine. Costs about 1/10 the price of a VPI, but does a hell of a job. Look into it.

I appreciated the info lol it doesn't look bad at all. Do you need an external vacuum or something? I didn't look into it extensively other than watching a how to use video

Yeah, you need a normal household vacuum with a hose attachment. I've been cleaning records like crazy since I got mine and the difference is huge. It's super small and light too, since there isn't a vacuum inside of it.

I just picked up my TOYPAJ and S/T.  TOYPAJ has a slight warp so I may try to fix that with two panes of glass like I've heard about it.  Never done that before.  Looks cool and sounds really good!  I think there's a little bit of loss in quality on "Stay Together For the Kids" so maybe that's that inner groove distortion people talk about here?  Not terrible though.  Mostly it just sounds a little hissy on the chorus and that's it.

I just picked up my TOYPAJ and S/T. TOYPAJ has a slight warp so I may try to fix that with two panes of glass like I've heard about it. Never done that before. Looks cool and sounds really good! I think there's a little bit of loss in quality on "Stay Together For the Kids" so maybe that's that inner groove distortion people talk about here? Not terrible though. Mostly it just sounds a little hissy on the chorus and that's it.

Yeah the IGD in "Stay Together" is crap. The rest of the album sounds decent but now that I've had an up close listening experience with the HT, I feel that the SRC sounded much better. But alas I'll stick with it because I would rather not spend $40-$50 on that pressing again.

• 3 weeks later...