It's the tables lack of counterweight. Tape a quarter to the top of the cart and it'll fix the problem, but honestly those tables are basically toys and will ruin all your records. The quarter method will ruin them faster but you'll see that it's not the record that's fucked up.

Was worried this wouldn't fix it but you're right, no skips to be found. Now to another issue, I don't want to ruin my records, especially TOYPAJ, are there any similar turntables that are better? I essentially bought this one cause it was my first one and not extremely expensive for a college student

Was worried this wouldn't fix it but you're right, no skips to be found. Now to another issue, I don't want to ruin my records, especially TOYPAJ, are there any similar turntables that are better? I essentially bought this one cause it was my first one and not extremely expensive for a college student

It's really up to you. If you want to protect your records, spend the money. If you don't care, use a Crosley.

Check here...

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/84491-new-to-vinyl-faq-sticky-me/

IIRC, ship to store doesn't have tracking since it usually gets sent with the rest of the store's shipments and stuff.

Hmm, weird because the last time I had something shipped to store a few months back I could check the tracking on their site. Oh well, as long as they let me know as soon as the package is ready for me to pick up. 

Which reminds me of this one hot topic I went to. They had all the records people shipped to store on the counter by the register. Anyone could have walked by, looked at the name and been like oh yeah that's me, can I have now?

That's a horrible idea. I always give them my name, then they go into the back and get me my box.

Picked up my copies in store today. The package came with $15 off $30 hot cash too... I know they take records off the website when hot cash is active but can you use it on in store vinyl purchases? 

I've heard a few people who say they've been able to when their location's employees don't know store policy, but generally, not, they're not supposed to sell you vinyl if you pay with Hot Cash.

The intro to Lycanthrope was cut off. That's all I remember anywho. It just kicks right in

Oh and the mastering was weird. Some guys has a write up here:

http://vinylbaron.jimdo.com/diagrams/44-when-your-heart-stops-beating/?mobile=1

Wasn't that the case on all of the recordings though? Including the CD? I was listening to it in my car yesterday and I noticed that.

Yikes, someone reviewed the TOYPAJ repress on Hot Topic's site.  "why do so many hot topic repress sound like garbage? get near the center of the record and this press sounds worse than an mp3. stop taking advantage of kids who dont know any better. limited edition my ar$e, stop relation the same color variants over and over again.."

Yikes, someone reviewed the TOYPAJ repress on Hot Topic's site.  "why do so many hot topic repress sound like garbage? get near the center of the record and this press sounds worse than an mp3. stop taking advantage of kids who dont know any better. limited edition my ar$e, stop relation the same color variants over and over again.."

I didn't have an issue with mine. Then again, mine is from the first splatter run. Different plates?

He's describing inner groove distortion caused by poor performance of a turntable due to bad cartridge/bad alignment/bad tonearm geometry/bad table. It has absolutely nothing to do with the pressing, even though these all do sound like shit (but for other reasons than IGD)